Chapter 7: Waking Up

Mari's outfit faded. The Akumatized appearance blew away like paint chips in the wind, uncovering Marinette. Her normal appearance was brought back as the other one faded.

"Nnn . . . " Marinette moaned. She opened her eyes to see Adrien's bedroom. "What!" She shouted, falling off of his couch. Marinette stood up from the floor and looked around.

'Why am I in Adrien's room? I was transported back to my body from The Betweens, but . . . why am here?'

Marinette walked around Adrien's room and went over to his desk. She was surprised to see Adrien's computer screens.

'Adrien really likes ladybug. And he's trying to figure who she is. This sounds like Alya. He has three computer screens with the Ladyblog and one with Ladybug and a bunch of question marks. He's practically stalking me.' She laughed thinking about it.

"No!" Marinette cried picking up a flyer on his desk. "I'm missing." She stared at the flyer in disbelief. "How long have I been gone? . . . wait!" Marinette put her hand on her head. She was starting to remember something. "I was . . . akumatized. Chat Noir no . . . Adrien was there. Or both . . . were. Adrien kissed me and I fell into a deep sleep. I think." Marinette paused as her eyes got bigger in realization. "Adrien is Chat Noir!"

Adrien stepped out of his bathroom with a towel sitting on his shoulders from taking a shower. "Yes." Adrien whispered from behind her. "And I see you're awake."

Marinette turned around and stared at him without words. Her face grew hot as the silence continued. Until Adrien broke it.

"I was wondering when you were gonna wake up, but your kwami told me that I'd have to wait. She said that you were the only one who could do anything." Adrien said, walking over to Marinette. "I'm so happy that you're okay." He mumbled, hugging her. He pulled away, smiling at Marinette as her face beat red.

"Y-You w-were Chat Noir the whole t-time."

"Yep." Adrien said, confidently. "And you My Lady were Ladybug. Which means . . . you're the princess that I fell in love with." Adrien leaned closer to Marinette.

Marinette thought she'd burst into flames in that moment, but instead she laughed.

"Hahaha. Are you gonna call me those nicknames in public now that you know who I am?"

"I don't know, but if I do, you'll know that it's because I love you."

"I can see that." She smirked. "You're internet stalking me." She pointed to his computers.

"Well uh . . . " He said as his cheeks started to turn red.

"Don't worry. I was stalking you first. But instead of stalking Chat Noir, I was stalking the other you." Marinette was starting to get used to speaking real sentences to Adrien.

They both laughed until Marinette picked the flyer back up.

"How long have I been missing?" She asked in a sad voice.

"Uh . . . three days." Adrien said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Three days!"

'The woman said I had only been asleep for a day. Maybe time moves twice as fast out here.'

"I had taken you off of the streets when you were akumatized. You've been on my couch the entire time. I had to get up earlier each day so my dad's assistant, Natalie, wouldn't come into my room to wake me up. She'd have a lot of questions if she found a missing teenager in my room." Adrien laughed.

"Thanks. How are my parents and Alya? What about school? And the damage I caused when I was akumatized." She rambled.

"They're really worried about you and we haven't had school for a couple of days. People are still spontaneously revealing secrets. Mr. Damocles thought it would be too dangerous for us to go to school with everything going on. But we only have four days of school left anyway. Once you fix the damage, we'll probably have school tomorrow."