Chapter Fifteen - Confessions

She took a deep breath, this was it. She was going it for Jon, the one person in her life who put up with her regardless and didn't give up on her, even though he had every reason to give up and walk away. The guy who was there for her when no one else was. The only one who understood her and when he didn't, he tried to. He had her all summed up, with the ability to read her like a book.

She pushed the overused button next to the door, waiting to be granted entrance into the building. Lucy's nerves were building up inside of her. She felt anger bubbling in her stomach, the anger was explainable, but it was causing her to nearly turn away, not facing the truth.

As the feeling of anger and weakness began to take over her, the doors beeped open and she was granted entry into the building. Time to come clean, she thought to herself, breathe, Lucy, breathe! She commanded herself, panicking inside.

The door buzzed, allowing her to enter the building. One small step at a time, she forced herself into the large, open room, filled with uncomfortable looking plastic chairs in awkward, little circles to create a 'community' waiting room. The attempt to make the area look pleasant and cute didn't work, it was still the harsh place crimes were made, told and remembered; over and over again.

"Can I help you Miss?" A cheerful voice called out to her from behind the desk. The desk was build up high, allowing the person behind it to look down on whoever came to the desk.

Lucy flicked her eyes across to the owner of the voice, seeing straight through her fake smile, "I want to make a confession."

She frowned, narrowing her eyes suspiciously at Lucy, "Well, take a seat, someone will be with you in a minute."

As she turned away, Lucy caught the disgraced look on her face, looking down on her disrespectfully.

She screeched a plastic chair across the floor, allowing it to make an uncomfortable high pitched noise as it dragged across the wooden floor. Ignoring the chair she had just moved, she stormed across the room, sitting down heavily in a completely different chair, she smirked at the person seated behind the desk, mad at the look she had received, when she stated her reason of visiting, at least she had the decency to hand herself in.

Staring up at the ceiling, swinging back dangerously on her chair, she began to slowly count the tiles, unevenly placed above her head. There was no clear pattern, but the tile layer obviously felt like inventing their own, unique design that day.

Footsteps slowly approached where Lucy was sitting, the strangers' feet tapping loudly against the shiny floor, getting louder and louder with each individual step. They suddenly stopped. There was a pause, Lucy, still staring up at the ceiling, refused to turn to find out what the person wanted from her.

An awkward cough grasped her attention, "An officer is ready to see you now, Ma'am."

She went ice cold, panicking. It was too real. She wasn't ready to accept the facts. To confess and hand herself over. Unable to control the shakiness inside her, Lucy attempted to stand up and fell back into the plastic chair, sending other chairs nearby flying.

"Ma'am, are you okay?"

Lucy nodded weakly, unable to form words, unable to discover her voice.

"This way then please," the lady smiled, encouraging her to follow.

Pushing up on the edges of the cheap chair, Lucy forced herself into a standing position.

One step after the other, Lucy instructed herself, trying to gain control of her movement. Inside she was shaking ferociously and however much she tried to cover it up, her fear and worry were visible at a single, quick glance.

"There's nothing to be worried about," a slightly patronising voice reminded her, knocking her confidence in confessing more than the assistant she first spoke to had.

She nodded, weakly, forcing herself to walk slowly behind the lady. A huge pain hit her stomach, causing her to feel like she was going to be sick any second. Her nerves were regaining control, forcing any happy emotions and thoughts from her mind, making her ice cold, mentally frozen to the spot. Every sad memory in her life came flooding back, reminding her of every individual mistake she'd ever made in her life, alongside uncontrollable problems that had been forced upon her, the only way out of these problems was failure.

"Just in here, Ma'am," she indicated for Lucy to enter the darkened room.

After a deep breath, she nodded in thanks to the person who had guided her to the room, regardless she felt quite the opposite, completely ungrateful that this lady had allowed her to confess and ruin the little bit of life she had left.

The door squeaked open, like nails down a chalkboard.

"Lucy isn't it?" The interegator asked, his eyes burning into mine, trying to uncover all her secrets.

She nodded weakly, slightly shutting her eyes as if she was ashamed of what she had done.

He coughed awkwardly, "Well, take a seat then. Start when you're ready."

"I can't, I'm sorry I've wasted your time, I have to go," Lucy took two large steps to the door.

"Excuse me, Miss, you've led us to believe you have committed a crime and based on the way you are reacting, it certainly wasn't something as simple as littering. Besides if you have wasted our time like you also claim, that is also an offence. So please, sit down."

Surrendering, she retreated to the seat opposite the guy she had to confess to and took a deep breath in, a tactic that never worked, no matter how many people say to try it or how many times you practice, it was impossible to make the sickie feeling in your stomach to disappear.

"I want to confess for murdering Jon Rivers."

He lent back on the chair, placing his hands behind his head looking relaxed and fairly amused, "Nice joke, kid, but prints were found at the crime scene, they've got a match."

Lucy raised her eyebrows, "But...that can't be true, it was me."

"Look, I don't know what game you're playing at, but go home and don't waste police time again."

She didn't budge. For the first time, she actually wanted to be sat in the seat. She was certain she was the murderer, even if she didn't remember physically doing it, she had the memories and it was enough to convince her.

"Who was it then? It wasn't announced to anyone," Lucy demanded, forgetting she was talking to a police officer.

"A young girl called Sarah. There's a funny thing about that, the times don't match up," he laughed, taking it all like some silly joke. Lucy raised her eyebrows, expecting him to carry on, "Sarah died three years ago."

Sorry for the very delayed update. This is the end of Making You See, for now. I hope you enjoyed it and I will editing and uploading it to my second account, Mollylouiseee, in the next few weeks.