Chapter Sixteen

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

***CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Losing a Part of Me***

[Jacob]

I sped down her road and frantically parked on her driveway. I called her phone many times, but she didn't answer. Worry grew in the pit of my stomach. I dialled Hannah's number but she didn't pick up either. Panic set in, my heart beat rang in my ears loud enough to make me deaf. "Dammit!" I cursed under my breath.

I ran around the house and checked to see the back door unlocked. Luckily, it was unlocked. I made my way inside and checked for anyone awake. Angelina has mentioned that her caretaker usually goes home to be with her family, which leaves my angel alone by herself. "Shit," I cursed once again, how could I not think about that?

I headed upstairs to check in Angelina's room. Her bed didn't even look like it was slept in. I sighed, growing nervous--afraid that something has gone wrong. I hurried downstairs and began to panic. I can't lose her, if I did I would be losing a part of me. Something that was a saving grace, someone whom changed my life for the best. Someone whom can possibly love me like I love her.

Did I say I love her? I stopped in my tracks and confessed to myself that I do love her and I can't bear to lose her.

I glanced towards the hallway and a soft glow illuminated from the kitchen. I quickly made my way and sighed in relief when I saw her. She held onto a mug and her head resting on the counter. I quietly walked up to her and brushed her hair aside. She absolutely looked like an angel, so innocent and beautiful. How could I hurt her and cause her so much pain? I truly don't deserve someone like her. She would be better off without me.

I sighed and turned to leave but Angelina called out. "Jake?" she called out sleepily, rubbing her eyes. "Yes angel?" I whispered, caressing her face. She sighed into my palm and looked up at me. "Am I dreaming?" she asked dreamily, a sad smile on her face. I shook my head and cupped her face in my hands.

"No this isn't a dream. I'm real Angelina," I assured her. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, her eyes widened in surprise. "What are you doing here?" She asked confused. I smiled and kissed her. Oh, how I dreamt of kissing her once again.

"Wait! I t-thought you were angry with me?" She asked standing up and looking at me. "I was...but Molly came to me and-," I started but she cut me off. "Molly came and spoke with you?" She asked apprehensively.

"Yes, she told me the truth," I explained. "I had to see you after she told me what happened before," I told her.

She looked at me shocked, looking at everything else but me. I brought her chin toward me and looked into her eyes. "You don't have to be ashamed," I assured her. Angelina looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I-I..."

A sob cried out from her body and she shook with so much sadness. I couldn't bare to see her so sad. "Shh. It's alright. I'm here now. I won't let anything happen to you," I cooed, holding onto her frail body to soothe her.

She quieted down, loosening her grip around my waist. "Thank you for everything Jake," she stated her voice growing hoarse.

I scooped her up into my arms, her eyes drooped with exhaustion. I brought up to her room and tucked her safely into bed. "Jacob, can you please stay with me?" I smiled at the sight of a girl that has changed my life. I nodded and gently laid next to her.

She closed her eyes with a smile on her face. She looked so innocent and angelic for someone to go through so much trouble. I sighed and caressed her face. My eyes felt heavy and I fell into sleep.

~•~

*********UPDATE!!!!**********