Chapter Fourteen

Comincia dall'inizio

As I exit, I ran towards my car before the tears could fall from my eyes. I cannot bear this secret from someone I possibly love! What have I gotten myself into? I was fine living a normal and quiet life until they had walked in it.

A part of me don't regret talking to Jacob again...but how can I face him again?

I drove home and called my grandmother explaining I didn't feel well to work today.

~*~

I laid in bed with popcorn and chips while watching Mean Girls. My cousin is definitely like Regina George, except for getting with the bus and all. That's just awful!

"What the hell happened to you?" Peter stormed into my room scaring the crap out of me. I threw the remote out of reflex and hit him in the groin. He doubled over in pain as he made choking sounds. I gasped and hurried by his side.

"I'm so sorry! I thought I was alone except for my caretaker and didn't expect you to be here," I babbled, feeling guilty on inflicting pain on Peter. Wait...

"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked out of curiosity. Peter began to sit up, still clutching his stomach. He gasped for air and exhaled slowly. He winced but was able to sit on the floor.

"I came to fetch you and take you to the bakery," he croaked out. I scowled and stood up to go back into my comfy bed. "I've already told Granny I wasn't coming in. I don't feel well," I grumbled, hoping he would buy it. He shook his head once he regained his composure.

"Nope. You're not sick! Get up and put in something besides your PJs," he demanded while flopping onto my bed and eating my popcorn. I huffed in annoyance and trudged towards my closet. I picked out a simple black v neck shirt and a pair of skinny jeans and my black Toms.

"Alright, I'm ready," I walked out of my closet and grabbed my bag and placing over my shoulders. Peter got up and turned the movie off. "Let's go," he replied cheerfully. I groaned and pulled my phone out and started playing Traffic Racer. Eventually, I had to put it away because with Peter's driving, it was almost like the game.

We arrived at the shop and I reluctantly got out of the car. "Come on slow poke!" He teased chuckling to himself. I groaned and followed him into the shop, slowly. I walked into the building and jumped at everyone present, yelling surprise.

"What?" I asked, confused. Hannah shook her head as she heads to me and pulled me in a hug. "It's your birthday silly!" She giggled and let go of me.

Was it really my birthday? I didn't even realize.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Granny came over to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Happy birthday sweetie," she greeted me with a smile. I gave her a smile and looked at all of the people who came to my surprise party. I felt tears pricking my eyes and happiness and all kinds of emotions overwhelming me right now.

"I don't know what to say," I choked out, trying to hold back the tears. "Don't have to and just enjoy your party chick," Peter teased. I rolled my eyes as I watch him dig into some cupcakes. I laughed and grabbed a cupcake as well.

"Happy birthday," I turned around and saw Greg smile at me. My eyes widened in panic. I didn't know how to react around him after finding out what he and my cousin had done.

"Uh...thanks," I replied quietly. Making eye contact with Hannah. I'd rather be anywhere but here talking to a guy whom I thought was sweet.

Who am I kidding? I was being a hypocrite.

"Are you okay?" He asked growing concerned. I nodded slowly and forced a smile. "Peachy!" I said, lamely. He looked at me with suspicion but didn't say anything more. I sighed in relief and stood in front of him, awkwardly.

Then Jacob walked through the door, pissed. My eyes widened as he stormed towards Greg and I-before I knew it, he had punched him and Jacob stood over him with stoned cold glare. "You asshole! I thought you were my friend? How dare you betray me like that?" He asked, grabbing Greg's collar and lifting him off of the floor.

I grabbed onto Jacob's arm and prevented him from punching Greg again. "Stop!" I screamed managing to get Jacob off of him. He stared at me, hurt evident in his eyes. "How can you defend him?" He accused. I was speechless and didn't know what to say. "You knew," he stated, a look of betrayal written on his face.

I shook my head and ran after him. I grabbed his arm before he can get into his car. "Jake! Let me explain!" I cried, tears pouring down my face. He yanked his arm out of my hold and faced me with a blank stare. I gulped and wiped the tears away. "Explain!" He shouted, angrily.

I flinched as he shout. "I found out as Molly talked about it with her friends. I swear I tried to get her to tell you the truth and she demanded I wouldn't say anything," I explained frantically, tears welling up in my eyes again. He shook his head and scoffed. He looked at me with hurt in his eyes before getting into his car and driving off.

I felt my heart shatter in pieces once again. As he had broken it before, but this time I had hurt both us.

I should've told him but, what right did I have for doing the same thing?

I felt to my knees, holding myself as I cried and try to mend my broken heart.

~*~

*******UPDATE!!!!*******