Twelve

Miles POV:
I stepped foot on land for the first time in a week. I smiled looking around. I held her hand as we wondered off the dock. "We've made it." I smiled looking at her. Her face lit up as she looked around.

     I watched as she said goodbye to Abella. "Aye." Jesse whispered "You keeping this one." He chuckled. I flicked him on the back of the head. "I'm serious! You'll have to tell her eventually."
"I've got time."
"Yeah but she doesn't."
I quickly smacked him.
"You're only nice to her."
"Jealous much."
"I'm not jealous of someone's who's going to die." He realized what he said. He quickly ran "Don't hit me!" He said running around. I laughed.
                                 ~
    We had been walking all day. I stopped when I saw a sign reading Welcome To, Treegap. I squeezed her hand nervously as we entered the familiar town. "Your running out of time." Jesse whispered.
"I'll tell her soon."
"How soon?"
"Jesse!"
"Okay!" He surrendered. "Where'd she go anyway."
"Oh shit." I said looking around. I started panicking. "Hey Miles! Up here." A voice called. We looked up to see her up in a tree. "No body looks up anymore." She smiled.
                                 ~
   We camped out in the woods that night. I held her close as she rested her head on my chest. I held her tightly afraid I could loose her. Jesse slept across the fire from us. I gently stroked her hair from her face planting a kiss on her forehead. I rested my head on hers.