Eight

I dug through the sack of laundry. I uncomfortably adjusted in the baggy clothes. "So what's the plan?" Jesse asked covering his head with a hat.
"Uh get in get out." I shrugged.
"What if there's a guard?"
I pulled my gun out of my pocket. "Do you have a better idea?"
                                 ~
  The whistling stopped as the sun rose. "Now what?" I whispered "How're we supposed to find her."
Jesse looked around. He started whistling. He went quiet. "There she is." I said as she whistled back. We ran listening to the tune chasing the sound.

    We stopped outside one tent. A guard looked in the opposite direction. "Amateur." I scoffed sneaking into the tent. I squinted through the darkness. I noticed a man sitting in a single chair. "Looking for the girl?" He laughed. Anger festered in my heart. I clenched my jaw tight. The man laughed. I quickly charged holding him up by his collar "WHERE IS SHE!" I said full of anger. "I'm not saying." He dared. I pulled the gun to his head "Tell me where she is. Now." I snarled. He gulped. He looked at the gun and back at me. He looked at me. My eyes filled with anger showing I'd pull the trigger "Two tents down." I dropped him as he sighed with relief. "Rookie."

    I ran into the other tent. I walked into the tent. In the back, tied tightly to a pole she sat beaten and exhausted. I quickly ran over. I untied the ropes that left marks on her wrists. She looked at me with tired eyes. "Why'd they think the whip wouldn't hurt me?" She said looking at me, desperately wanting answers.