Nine

Elizabeth's POV:
"Miles!" I said snapping him back into reality "Why did they think the whip wouldn't hurt?"
He looked at me nervously. Sudden voices filled the air. He quickly rushed us out of the camp. "Miles, you didn't answer the question!"
"What question?" Jesse said nervously running along side us.
"No time." Miles said pulling my arm "We have to get out of here." He said rushing us away from the camp.
~
Rain poured as we walked through the forest. Miles held my hand and Jesse followed close behind. We walked until nearly sundown.
"Jess, I think that's it." Miles said. Less than a half mile away stood a fishing dock. Boats were being loaded up.
"Miles," Jesse said sounding concerned "I think they're leaving."
"We gotta go!" We quickly raced down the steep hill. I nearly tripped trying to race down. Thorns sliced my ankles as we neared the end of the hill. We ran to the docks.

We ducked behind crates. The smell of blood,dead fish, and low tied filled the air.
"Wait her-" he looked at me. "Jess stay with her. I'll be right back."
We peeked through the crack between two crates. I watched as Miles talked to a fisherman. "Who's that?" I whispered.
"Curious one." He laughed "That's the captain of that little ship. A friend of Miles. He's our only chance."
I listened to Miles and the mans conversation.
"Je vous remercie! On promet! Vous ne serez pas désolé!"
"Je ne le ferai pas mieux, dépêche-toi maintenant." The man said. Miles ran over to us. He grabbed my hand "We're going home."
We walked over to the man. "This is Elliot, and this is his daughter Abella."
A little girl played with the bottom strands of her hair swaying back and forth.
"We go now. Or it will be too late."
We all boarded the small boat. I looked back at the mainland. I felt guilty. I left Lauren, and Stacey to burn. Leaving the other nurses defenseless. War ain't no came. Not one I'm playing.