~Five~

I met with Sparrow again yesterday. Boring, but I can recall everything that happened from movements to the way she breathed heavily when we reached certain parts of the area. Sparrow, she was crazy, but, not in the kind of way where they're saying morbid things and believing the strangest theories. She was the kind of crazy that hate a devoted hatred to her kingdom,  but still fought for it. She was the kind of crazy who was capable of killing anyone who crossed her path if she needed to. 

Today, my day starts with waking up to a cold, depressing presence, like how it's described in those books. Sparrow was peering over me, staring straight at me, her icy, but fiery eyes looking into my soul. Signaling me to stand, she walked backwards, a few steps away with perfect choreography. Her long, sloppily cut bangs fell in her eyes, hiding them. Her hair shimmered in the light of the candles. 

We came to a point where there was a consistent, nasty smell filling the air. Not death, this smell was new, and foul. The smell didn't go away, or fade out the further we walked. It got stronger, fouler, and much more noticeable. Sparrow had seemed to smell it too, as her nose scrunched up almost beyond a realistic point. The closer we got, the worse it was. I was about to vomit. Then, it just stopped. It disappeared, thankfully. 

Sparrow seemed much more vigilant. Snapping her head to every noise, even inaudible. Darker and darker, quieter and quieter. You couldn't hear the screams if you had tried. Not anymore. Just footsteps, mine and Sparrow's, echoing through the empty corridors. 

I noticed some scratches in the walls. Deep, prominent scratches. Some with red streaks and spots. Most of them were turning a dark shade of brown. The only fresh ones were seeping from the ceiling, dripping down, lower and lower until they hit the floor. 

Silence overwhelmed us yet again, not pure though. If it was pure silence, there wouldn't be the creaking of the metal hinges surrounding us. Our footsteps got quieter and quieter with each step we took. 

Sparrow suddenly froze in her place, alert, shooting her eyes into various directions. I could hear the tapping of an unfamiliar pair of feet making it's way toward us. Louder and louder as they got closer. The echoing cascaded through the corridor. Sparrow gracefully spun on her heels, I not so gracefully. Louder, louder, loudest. The echo stopped, and it was nothing but a thundering, pounding noise. 

The figure faced us, holding a candle. My eyes adjusted and I was honestly shocked to see who it was...