~Two~

I could see a little bit of the sun rise come through the poorly packed bricks, burning my eyes a bit. I haven't seen actual light of that kind in years, at least. The skies I knew as a child were coming through the bricks. I felt safer, like I was home, with my family. I could feel the warmth I once knew, when my mother was there. Now, I don't know if she's alive or not, she can't be dead, she can't be. It wasn't that long ago I saw her. Though she was taken, screaming. I don't know what they do to them. Do they kill them? Torture them? All I know, is that we don't see them again.

I can't help to wonder where they go.  Somewhere North of my cell though. I sat, still silent, fearing making some sort of creak on the rusted chains holding my bed. My posture was slouched, my hair falling in my face, vaguely restricting my sight. I could feel the long, white strands tickling my nose. I would laugh, or at least sneeze, but I know the punishments ahead if I even muted the noise. I can't help but wonder why they do this. All I can bring to mind is that the king likes his silence, and that he'd make his minions do anything to keep the peace. Though it isn't that peaceful. Whenever we get that rare chance to be out in the lunch hall and at least look at another person, a fight of some sort breaks loose. It's like we've become some sort of animal. 

I personally, have never gotten into a fight. I just sit on the sidelines, backed to a wall, patiently eating the little food they give us. Today was one of those days, with no roof being there, I could get at least a little air, and see the clouds. There was nothing I could do, or so I thought. I could vaguely see someone like me, albino, across the hall. Making their way toward me. I was scared. Could this be family? A friend? An Enemy? Who would take the time and effort to come even within ten feet of me, willingly at that. 

Once they got closer, I could see a woman. Thin, dark eyes with bags under them, clearly aging, a sad look on her face, and white hair reaching to her knees. I was surprised, to say the least, that I could slightly recognize this woman. It was like we were family. I knew who this was, I think. There was a kind presence that only one person I ever knew emitted. It was my Aunt, Israel. She had raised me when my own mother wouldn't, cared for me when the others shunned me. She was the only one, the only one who didn't think of me as an outcast, but an equal. Her kindness, stories, smell, they would always haunt me in the most pleasant way. 

I stood up, shocked, and embraced her, tightly. Gladly so, it was returned. Though I couldn't talk, that skill was far behind me. Either way, we weren't allowed. It's a shame she can't though. She always had the sweetest voice; perfectly pitched, empathetic. I loved this woman, but there was something about her that was different. I couldn't point out what. 

Her eyes, it was her eyes. They were so different. They were darker, if possible, cold, sad, sunken in. It was just depressing. There used to be at least some sort of light in her eyes. Where did it go.. They were stone cold, just like her hands. She seemed like an entirely different person. 

The 'bell' rang, and now I know that I probably won't see her again. I went back to my cell. Back to solitude. It wasn't that bad, but it felt strange..