Transformations, Plans, and Best Friends

Sometimes, do you ask yourself why? Why do I look like this? Why is the sky blue? Why did I agree to stalk Justin Bieber? Oh wait, I know. To get a full-time job at Spotlight! Magazine.

"I really don't understand why you don't want to wear the curly blue wig. It makes you look unique!" Clarissa argued.

"Exactly, it makes me look unique. A little to unique, I may add. If we're going to pull this off, I need to look like a normal twenty year old," I stated.

"I'll have Dave bring in more wigs," my boss declared as she dialed Dave's work number on her phone, "Dave, do me a favor and bring me wigs from the supply closet that you think fit Caitlyn's face."

"Wait, what? Oh, even better idea! See you there!" and with that, Clarissa hung up.

------------------

I looked around, fascinated, and yet freaked out by the faceless heads surrounding me. Each one seemed to have a different personality, for example, the long, black, wavy hair was mysterious, like a deep, dark, secret is hidden deep inside the locks, while the short red-headed wig was bubbly, greeting everyone you see on the streets.

"Which one do you think is 'the one'?" Dave asked me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Which one did seem like me? Actually, what kind of person did I want to be?" I thought to myself, scanning the shelves a second time.

Suddenly, my eyes stopped and gazed at the brunette in the corner. It looked smart and sexy, just like me, but minus the sexy.

"That one," I pointed, Clarissa and Dave both looking to their right.

Dave sauntered over to the shelf, grabbed the bodiless head, and made his way over to the mirror where I was.

"Ready to be transformed?" the man asked me with a small smile.

I took a deep breath, I'm ready."

------------------

Hours and hours passed by, noon turned into late afternoon, and Dave, Clarissa, and I worked together as a team to figure out who exactly is Kayla Rivers, who is totally different from me. She seemed sassy and full of confidence, where as on the other hand, I'm awkward. Her fashion sense consisted of short, yet classy, clothing. Agreements were made, disagreements occurred; who knew creating an alter ego could be this time consuming?

"Ready for the reveal, Cait- I mean, Kayla?" Clarissa questioned, calling me by my other persona for me to get used to it.

I nodded my head, kind of excited. I haven't looked in the mirror at any point today, besides this morning at my apartment with my best friend, Alexa Lopez. My mind switched over to Alexa, wondering what she would think of this whole "Operation-expose-Justin-Bieber-and-get-a-job" business. Dave walked over to the mirror and tugged at the cherry red curtain covering it, allowing me to see my reflection.

Wow, I didn't even recognize myself. My caramel brown hair touched my shoulders, still being to my true self because of my signature waves. I sported a jet black, leather dress that reached my mid-thigh, sort of stuck to me like glue, while my back felt the cold breeze from above me. My nude pumps were replaced with heels the same black shade as my dress, just a little bit higher. With my clutch in hand, it looked like I was ready to go out.

"I don't know what to say! I love the change!" I exclaimed, leaving Dave and Clarissa with a smile on their faces, proud of their work.

"Now, here comes the next part. Approval of the plan."

Oh, so we're not done yet? Can I just skip the part about Bieber and keep all the clothes, makeup, and accessories?

"For the past month or two, the staff here at Spotlight Magazine have been doing some heavy research about Bieber and the places in California that he usually goes to, as well as what time he usually arrives and other details like that. Not to my surprise, they consist of beaches and night clubs," Clarissa started, showing me a map on the projector at the head of the room.