Starbucks, Offers, and Kayla Rivers

"Thank you!" I yelled to the cab driver, as he drove away, completely unaware of my manners.

Situating myself after that long and hectic ride across the LA freeway, I dashed into the opaque thirty-five story building. 11:30.

"Shit, Clarissa is going to literally murder me when I get back up there," I mumbled to myself, checking the time on my iPhone.

As the elevator ride dragged on, I attempted to catch my breath. I've been doing more exercise running from place to place than I have in high school playing volleyball! Did I mention I was wearing nude heels while running? Finally, the golden doors went their separate ways, as did I.

"Ms. Rivera, Ms. Summers is waiting for you," secretary, Zoe Myers, sang as I passed her.

"I know!" I hollered back, too busy rushing through the office to make eye contact.

I ran across the building to the upper wing, not even caring if whipped cream got all over me, which I hope didn't. As I got to the huge double doors, I took a deep breath, sighed, and walked inside attempting to look as normal as possible.

"Sorry I'm late! You know how California is, lots of traffic during rush hour! It sucks but I got you all Starbucks as said! Clarissa, here's your Caramel Frappuccino," I rambled, handing a venti sized cup to my boss.

"Caitlyn-"

"Kim, your Caramel Flan Latte, Dave, your-"

"Caitlyn!"

I looked up, startled. Shit, I'm about to be fired, and I don't even get paid!

"Caitlyn, girl, you're nowhere near late!" Clarissa laughed.

"Wait, but Zoe-"

"Zoe's messing with you, sweetie! You should know that by now, you've been interning here for a little bit more than a year," she explained, making me feel as dumb as a light post.

"Oh, but then if the meeting isn't happening yet? Why did you want me to get Starbucks for everyone? I-I mean I would have anyways but-"

"Caitlyn?"

"Yes?"

"Breathe."

"Sorry, I kind of ran across the building to get here and I haven't caught my breath yet," I said, honestly.

"In those heels? Wow, I'm surprised there isn't whipped cream all over you," Kim cackled as Dave nudged her.

"I meant, wow, that's pretty impressive. Well, Clarissa, Dave and I are going to go back and work on the Style Files so, tell us how your chat with Caitlyn here goes."

"Most certainly, oh and Caitlyn? Whatever Clarissa asks you to do in these five minutes, say 'yes', got it?"

"What?" I wondered out loud.

"Bye, you two! Thanks for the drinks!" Kim and Dave shouted in unison as they closed the double doors, leaving Clarissa and I alone.

"So, you're probably wondering why I wanted to talk to you in private," Clarissa started out, I nodding in response.

"Remember what I told you at the start of your internship?" she asked.

"What?"

"I said that these tasks, even though they may seem foolish to you and me, by the way thank you for the venti, I needed a little pick me up," my boss smiled.

"Anytime," I replied, returning the smile right back.

"As I was saying, the tasks I assign you, like helping me edit articles that are about to be published in 'Spotlight!' and the sentences you add to them, are phenomenal and they have been ever since the day you started interning at the magazine."

"Well you know, blondes have the same mind," I chuckled, "thank you, Clarissa. That means a lot coming from you, honestly."

"I was doing a little bit of thinking and I came up with a decision. You're ready to start working here. No more internship, no more fetching the staff Starbucks, just writing at your own cubicle! Isn't that fantastic!" Clarissa exclaimed.

"W-what!" Really? Oh, my gosh, thank you so much!" I cried, about to hug her.

"You're welcome, love! Just one little thing before you take the job," Clarissa added, "You have to write me the headline story for a future magazine. I assign the topic to you, no ifs, ands, or buts, I check with you every two weeks to see how the writing is coming along, and no one can help you write, we can only help you with ideas to approach the person."

"What do you mean by 'approach the person'?" I questioned. I hope I get to interview someone, hopefully it's Zac Efron; he has a new movie coming out.

"I was just getting to that! I like how you think always a step ahead. Anyways, what have you seen in the media lately? What gossip have you heard about online and social media?"

"Um," I started. What was happening in pop culture? Wow, I don't even know. I'm working at one of the biggest pop culture magazines in America and I don't know what's going on. That's sad. "I don't know."

"Silly Caitlyn, you do know! Justin Bieber? Pop sensation? He got arrested for DUI, spends most of his time at strip clubs and bars nowadays, weed obsessed?"

Of course, how could I not know? Justin Bieber was the talk of the town literally everywhere. Everyone hated him; I haven't seen a fan in public, or even online in a year! I don't blame them, he seems like a cocky douchebag who thinks girls fall at his feet. HA. What a manwhore.

"Yeah, everyone on Earth knows him. His fans found him smoking, literally," I laughed, Clarissa laughing at my childish remark with me.

"Okay, so since you're aware of his actions, I want you to find out why. Why does he do what he does? What is he hiding? Who is the real Justin Bieber? You know what I'm saying?" Clarissa questioned.

I nodded, "but how exactly am I going to do that?"

Clarissa giggled to herself.

"I knew you would ask that question, Caitlyn," she trailed off, walking over to the coat closet in the back of the room and pulling out a four-wheeled cart.

"Caitlyn Rivera, meet Kayla Rivers," Clarissa smirked, pulling off the cover.

---------------------

Yay, the publishing of my first-ever story on Wattpad! I hope you guys find it interesting, I’m really excited to see where this goes! Wow I love writing JBFF’s.

Make sure to vote and comment for this story for more! Thanks guys! :)