"Yes, the removal can feel give off a tugging sensation. I'm not actually tugging at your skin, however, that's simply the suture sliding free," the doctor explained.

"No, like..." Louis swallowed hard. "I'm all tense and without my brace on it hurts."

Anne hurried over to sit next to Jay, who looked just about as worried as Harry figured he looked. He wanted to comfort Louis, but he didn't want to get in the way. Luckily, the doctor had removed all of Louis' stitches in no time and was wrapping Louis' ribs carefully before he helped Louis slip his brace back on. Almost instantly, Louis sat back onto his bed and tried to wiggle up to lean against his pillows, breathing a bit heavy.

"Are you-" Harry started, suddenly terrified that Louis' lung was collapsing again.

"Yes," Louis nodded, but something about him seemed off. He wasn't even attempting to joke with Harry. "The pain is already going away."

The doctor nodded his head, "You're almost completely healed. We'll just keep you a day or two more to ensure that you can get around decently."

"That's good," Louis murmured, his nose scrunching. "If you remember correctly, doctor, I'm a thief. I've got a court hearing on Monday. Do you think I can... make that?"

"Oh," the doctor blinked. "Right. I suppose I'm stereotyping, which isn't a good thing to do at all, it's just... you don't seem like a thief. But I'm sure you'll be released before or on that day."

"Right," Louis sighed, nonchalantly motioning to Harry. "But since I am a thief, that's probably why this gentleman is here to speak to me."

"I'll leave you two to discuss matters in private," the doctor assured. "I should be getting to my other patients. I'll be back to check on you several times these next few days Mr. Tomlinson."

"Thank you, Dr. Wirsdin," Louis replied.

The man left, and then Harry was at Louis' side in an instant like he had wanted to be prior, "Shakira-"

Louis grabbed Harry's shirt, tugging him down. Harry was so startled he nearly tripped over his own shoe and toppled forwards. He managed to catch himself with the front base of Louis' bed, but Louis was already seizing Harry's face and pressing their lips together. When he released a startled Harry, he gave a forced smile that didn't reach his eyes, "Egghead."

"You idiot, I could have fallen on you and hurt you," Harry huffed, but Louis' face fell a bit and Harry was reeling back instantly. Usually Louis could take a joke. "What- I- I'm sorry, babe, I didn't-"

"No, it's alright," Louis said quietly.

Harry wasn't convinced, and he could feel his heart beating faster. Louis wasn't acting like himself at all, "No, baby, I really shouldn't call you an idiot so much because I honestly think you're incredibly intelligent and I'm so sorry-"

"Egghead," Louis gently grabbed Harry's hand. "I'm not upset with you, I am an idiot. I promise you, you didn't offend me. I'm really glad you're here, though, I'm... I'm scared?"

Harry breathed out a large breath of relief, reaching and touching his arm, "Thank God... my heart was racing so fast I could feel my pulse in my arm wound. Wait, but why are you scared?"

"Agent Murs is coming to ask me all those questions," Louis mumbled. "And it's Saturday. Do you know what happens in less than two days?"

"The day you get house arrest," Harry murmured. Yes, he'd been earlier freaking out in the car, but now Louis was freaking out, and a scared Louis was the very last thing Harry wanted.

Louis' looked down at his hands, "What if I go into the court hearing... and then I don't get to see you again until like twenty years later?"

Harry stiffened, "That... that won't happen. I'll come visit you."