:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 4] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

"Do you know who the homeroom teacher is?" she asked me after quickly greeting me. Her face was in a small pout. She didn't like being uninformed. I gave her a confused look as the bell rang.

"Isn't it the same as last year? Mr. Ritt?" I asked, my brow furrowing. Why wouldn't it be the same as last year, and the year before that? Kristen shook her head drawing my attention to her again.

"No," she started, "the new teachers going to be our homeroom teacher. Mr. Ritt took the other L-Q home room this year."

"Huh..." I replied. That explained why Dustin wasn't in my homeroom. "Well whoever he is, he's late." I sighed. Kristen nodded and sat down at a desk that we were both standing near. I took a seat next to he. The whole classroom was now almost filled. There was one empty seat beside me.

I looked at all the faces in the room. Ben, Sarah, Avery, Justin... I paused staring at Justin Devine. D... that was nowhere near L-Q. I quickly swept my eyes over the room and saw other people whose last names didn't belong in our category. I was confused.

"What's the new teacher's name?" I asked Kristen. She thought for a second before opening her mouth. But as she did, the door to the classroom opened. Everyone turned towards the door, including me.

"Wei-"

"Ayden Weiss!" I nearly shouted, pointing at the umber haired man who came through the door. Everybody in class turned to look at me and I shrank back into my seat while looking at the ground. How embarrassing.

"Yo," Ayden grinned. And I looked back up at him, my eyes wide. "And it's Mr. Weiss to you."

"M-Mr. Weiss?" I stuttered from my seat. I shook my head. "No way..."

"Yes way," a monotone voice came from behind him. I looked as Ayden moved out of the way and saw Damian rubbing his face tiredly. A surge of excitement swept through me. I bit my lip to keep from smiling. His eyes lit up in amusement. Had he noticed? He half smiled at me before his face returned to a grimace. I watched as he made his way over and took the desk next to me.

"He's hot," a voice from behind me whispered.

I shot a look at Damian. He was scowling at the top of his desk as others murmured their agreements. I didn't know if they were talking about Ayden or Damian. I turned to look at Ayden who was almost literally glowing.

"Well, welcome to the your first year of high school!" Ayden greeted, calling attention to the class while he took a seat on his desk.

I was still processing the fact that he was the teacher.

"My name is Ayden Weiss, but you'll call me Mr. Weiss, if you know what's good for you," he paused and a few people chuckled. He smiled. "You know, it's a very fun time, high School... With this and that," he murmured, apparently reminiscing about his high school days.

"It's our third year, Mr. Weiss," a boy in the back of class informed him. He looked confused for a moment. I couldn't help but smile while the class laughed again.

"Is that so?" Ayden said scratching his chin and grinning. "Well, in any case we have a lot of stuff to go over and bring home to your parents. So, if most of you haven't yet noticed, we will have an extended home room this morning."

"I have a question," a girl spoke up politely from the back. I turned to see it was a girl I knew, Rachel, the stuck up pretty girl. "Are you and the boy in front related?"

What a dumb question, I thought. It was obvious to me. I suppressed a smile. Okay, maybe it wasn't that obvious to me at first.

"Yes," Ayden replied smiling and Damian glared at him.