Speak no Evil

Believer by Imagine Dragons

"That's not going to work." Felix sighs, looking down at his fingertips.

    I stiffen my elbows as I'm about to push down on Peter's chest. Sure, CPR might not be the best option, but it seems to be the only one I have. Either that, or let Peter lie there, doped out for God knows how long.

    "I might as well try." I argue.

    Felix shakes his head. "If you give it a couple hours, this should pass."

    I shake my head. "The war is going to be here in a couple hours. We can't risk him not being awake by the time."

    "I can handle it." Felix tells me sternly. "I think you forget that I'm the first contact."

    "What is going to happen?"

    Felix looks at me from just under his brow bone, before lifting his head. He backs up from Peter, not taking his eyes off of me. He bites down on his lip, before smirking.

    "The boy gets here, right?" He smirks. "The boys and I take care of it. Frank was supposed to come too, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Pan has a plan, to win the boy over. Unfortunately, you won't be able to meet the boy."

    "I didn't want to." I admit.

    If that's how I'm supposed to beat Pan, I don't want to meet him. I can't meet him. This boy is supposed to be our undoing, and I won't let that happen. As long as I play my part, everything should work out.

    "Once the boy gets here, it shouldn't be more than a day or two before his allies reach the island." Felix tells me. "Your job is to get them to like you, to trust you. Spying and reporting back to us."

    "I'm not an actor." I laugh. "I'd be better fighting."

    Felix shrugs. "I don't question the orders."

    I can't afford to either. Full confidence in anyone is not something I have, but I have to believe Peter. If I don't then I'll be his undoing.

    I'll kill him.

    I turn back to Peter, shaking him. His eyes continue to look at me. I wonder if he is aware of what is happening.

    "Are you there?" I whisper out.

    "We have to get back." Felix tells me.

    "Then get fucking back!" I yell. "I'm not leaving him."

    He shrugs, before turning around and leaving. He glares at me one final time before ducking out of Pan's house.

    I turn my attention back to him.

    "Peter, can you hear me?" I beg, holding his hand. "Please, you must be alive."

    When he doesn't answer, I choke back a cry. I tilt his down to look at me, stroking my fingers softly through his hair. Please.