How to Surprise

Charlie's flowing brown hair trails behind her as she sprints through the forest. Breaking through twigs, and crashing through wood, she runs farther and farther, as fast as her feet can carry her without becoming swallowed up by the Earth. Her breath is sharp, and it shatters as it hits the wood bark around her.

Far away, there is a woman. Trying to sleep, her brow furrows and she wraps the sheet tighter around her freezing body.

Peter leans up off of his bed, drinking straight out of the jog of water on his bedside table. He grunts as the liquid sputters out his lips, and he throws the container down. The water spills on the ground, and the container rolls under his bed.

Strands of long blonde hair stick to her head in the sweat that coats her skin. Her peach lips quaver as she tries to hold herself away from the nightmare.

Gregory sits in a dark tent, whipping the mouth off the corner of his mouth. It is dark and thick, and he flings it on the ground. His knuckles crack, as his toothy grin spreads across his face. The wind blows out the small candle that sits on the floor, and a soft chuckle escapes my lips.

Her breathing becomes shaky, and her eyes flitter around behind her eyelids. She can't believe her eyes. She won't ever be able to believe exactly what is happening in that dream.

Max lies in his hammock. Undisturbed by the shouting outside, he lets sleep carry him safely away off the island, and as far as he can get into the night.

She sits up abruptly, trying to steady her harsh breathing, and a word vanishes from her head as quickly as it pops in, but it's one that she only wishes she didn't forget. Like the dream, and the mystery woman who visited her, it would all be lost in her mind by the morning.

Felix's running as fast as he possibly can through the forest. He has always been good at listening, but he can't tell who made the sound from so far out. He just prays that it isn't her, as his vision begins to darken. Trying to breathe is difficult when he is running as fast he has ever run, but he is going to keep running until he gets back to camp.

Charlie.

~~~~~~~~

So, remember when I said I was going to publish Wednesday? Well, that was before I had a lovely chat with music224668, and I decided that I was too excited for the finale to wait. So, even though you aren't caught up yet, I figured I'd start with a trailer.

For now, stay ready, and I will post the first part to the ending by Monday.