01 | aphrodite

0 1

a p h r o d i t e

goddess of beauty, love, desire, and pleasure.

• • •

Beauty is about finding the right fit, the most natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself — avoid trying to be something you're not. For a goddess, that's especially hard. We can change so easily.

— Aphrodite, The Lost Hero

• • •

Aurelia Williams was baffled. That guy was definitely crazy.

She had not idea what his name was even though they sat together in the class. She had not bothered to make friends in school because this was the last year and after this, she would say goodbye to this town and run away. She chuckled when she saw his cheeks turn red.

But, she had no idea what that pickup line was all about. What was an oracle for fuck's sake?

"Wait, what's an Oracle?"

The boy's expression was priceless. God, he looked at her like she was crazy. But you couldn't blame her. She had a feeling that this was something related to Roman Gods but, she was unsure.

"It's a response or message given by an oracle. That was greek," said the boy with green eyes and brown hair.

And, she stands corrected.

"Wow, that's nice," she said. He flashed her a smile and Aurelia stopped breathing.

Tall boys, brown hair, green eyes -

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"Aurelia Williams. Yours?"

"Arthur Wood."

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Arthur."

"The pleasure is all mine, Aurelia."