Granmom & Grandad

Blake's Point of View

He just stood there. I couldn't believe him. I needed to see mom. I needed to run away from him right now. I couldn't deal with him right now. He would probably come after me.

I sped over to the cemetery and I sat next to mom's grave. I kissed the headstone and just sat there. Talking about what just happened. I haven't been back here since I saw Hudson here.

After a while, I fell asleep and it felt like I was back in my mom's arms during a thunderstorm. I felt safe. Everything was certain when I was with mom. Then when I was dreaming about Barry and Mom meeting again, I felt someone pick me up. I immediately whipped my hand up and hit them in the face. It was Barry. He and I fell on top of each other and I saw his nose was bleeding. Dang it.

"Barry? Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine. You need to come with me." He said standing up grabbing my hand.

"This isn't one of your surprise parties again is it?" I said cautiously.

"No. I want you to meet someone." He laughed.

He placed his hands over my eyes and moved me forward a few steps. He removed his hands and I frowned.

"I'm confused." I said.

"Look down." He said.

I looked down and saw a headstone that read:
Nora Allen
1959-2000
Loving Wife and Mother

I started to tear up a bit. I knelt down and touched the headstone. I looked up at Barry and saw him trying not to break down in tears. I stood up a grabbed his hand. He smiled at me and he picked me up. He bolted off running. I was really scared at this point.

"Barry!" I yelled. "Barry! Where are you taking me?!"

He finally came to a stop and put me down.

"What the heck, Barry?" I screamed.

"Turn around." He said.

I slowly turned around and saw the gates of Iron Heights. I had a few friends here because of the trouble they got in. A guard opened the door and ushered us inside. I was really scared. He walked us through the halls. I saw two of my old friends. They banged onto the glass and called out my name. I could only keep walking.

Then I saw him.

The robber.

That night haunts me. And it's all his fault. He caught sight of me and started to bang on his glass yelling at the officers.

"Hey! Officer! Let me talk to them. I have some unfinished business with the kid." He yelled.

"Get back!" The officer yelled.

I squeezed Barry's hand really tight. I needed him right now. I still didn't know what was going on. We finally made it to a visitation room.

"Barry?" I asked.

"Sit. It's ok." He let go of my hand and pulled up two chairs in front of a phone and glass. 

I looked Barry as we sat down. I didn't know what to expect so I say forward and looked intently at the glass. Then a friendly-looking man came to the window.he smiled at Barry and smiled even bigger at me. Barry picked up the phone. I sat forward and looked at the man studying his facial features. I've seen him before.

"Hey Slugger!" The man said.

"Hey, Dad!" Barry said.

Immediately my jaw dropped and I was astonished. I knew who it was. It was Dr. Henry Allen. I adored his work. I brushed my hair out of my face and smiled. My heart fluttered. I was in class a few years ago and we were studying the body and his work popped up. I did my entire research project on him. I never knew Barry was his kid.

It then hit me, like a lightning bolt, Dr. Henry Allen is my grandad. I smiled and jumped up and down a little bit. Henry smiled at my excitement. Barry grabbed my hand and pushed me down.

"Dad, this is Blake." Barry introduced.

I took the phone and smiled.

"Hi Blake! I'm Henry." He smiled.

"Yah. I know. You're my favorite person to research. I can't believe your my grandad. Is it ok if I call you Grandad?" I said really fast.

"It's alright. I like it. However I would wish to be there for the rest your life. It's very unfortunate about your mother." He smiled.

"Yah. Well I now have Barry, which is perfect. If my mom were alive she wouldn't have the guts to talk to him. She would sometimes stand outside the police station and watch Barry come outside after work. She always told me it was just some guy who she has always loved. Every time I'd ask her if it's my dad, she'd roll her eyes and tell me how I always asked about him. Then she'd tell me a story about him. I really miss those moments. However, I got those moments with Barry, watching Iris walk out of Jitters. Except he'd tell me about how he'd always love my mom." I laughed.

"Listen kiddo. My time is up. I hope you come by more often. I'd love to catch up on your life some more. Give your dad a hug for me and tell him to just go get her already." He sighed.

"Ok, Bye, Grandad." I smiled at him hanging up the phone.

I walked over to Barry and hugged him. I needed one from him today. He wrapped his long arms around me and kissed my head.

"I love you, Dad." I smiled.