"Remember that little accusation," Gregory rips me backwards, towards the hole in the floor, "when you had both squid ink and berries in you?"

Of course he did that. I knew he did it, but it's nice to hear him admit he drugged me and hid my body deep in the woods. Where I wouldn't be found for a week, when Felix stumbled on my body that was basically a corpse.

What did they do to me in those woods?

Peter told me I was lucky to have survived. To be alive. Is he alive, or is this just like that? Please, he has to be alive.

"You fucking bitch." I muster, as I can only stare at Pan.

I have to get him to Jared. But Jared is already dealing with Blaize and Frank. Gregory stabbed Blaize; tried to kill her. Why didn't I take those threats seriously? This is what happens when you don't listen, Charlotte. People get hurt, and subsequently people die.

This is my fault.

Spencer swipes out my feet from beneath me, knocking me to the ground. Gregory is quick to pick me up by the collar, and drag me further away from Pan.

"You can't do this." I grunt, my feet barely touch the floor.

Gregory laughs. "I can, and I will."

With a quick shrug, I hear the latch in the floor open, and feel myself thrown down it.

I feel myself falling through the air, and my feet struggle to hit the ground. I land on the side of legs, slipping in the mud, hitting the ground on my side. The dirt sprawls on to the side of my face, where the scar from Samuel ought to be. I roll on to my back, letting the muck cake into my hair, ruining the green bow. My leg stings, and my head feels like all the organs inside it have smashed down on to the ground.

Gregory is climbing down the ladder, but is only on the first rung.

I've got time to run.

Soles scrambling up off the ground, it's difficult, but I'm up and I'm running quickly.

It's no time before my feet are slamming and I am bounding further into the woods. I don't know where I'm running. There is nowhere to run, except forward. This island is small, I can run but I can't hide. They will find me, and there is no one here who is going to stick their neck out enough to help me.

Except Peter. But he might be dead.

Tackled from the side, I slide into the dirt. Scraping off the muddy ground, my body stops when it hits a thick tree. I struggle with my fists, shaking them up in the air, only to have Spencer wrestle them to the ground. He holds them firmly with his hands, while pressing his knees into my thighs, so I can't move.

Using my core, I lift up only to have my head slammed back into the ground. On the way down, I bite my tongue, and suddenly all I can taste is blood.

Gregory peers down over Spencer's shoulder. I spit at him, the thick red liquid hitting his face. It's more blood than anything else, but he wipes it off all the same. Instead, it smears across his nose and eyes, almost like a mask.

He grabs my collar beneath Spencer, pulling me up before shoving me back down against the ground. My vision blurs, as if it wasn't hard enough to see Gregory and Spencer in the dark.

"Coward," I chuckle. "You know, all this could've been avoided if you'd actually manage to kill me the first time."

Spencer backs off of me, laughing. "You really think we tried to kill you? If we had wanted you dead then, you'd be dead."

"You drugged me, remember?" I shout, scramble out from beneath him. Back against a tree, I can't run.

Hands wrapped around my hair, a whine escapes my throat that I don't mean to release. Gregory pulls me up into the back of the tree. "You dumb bitch, how many times do I have to tell you we didn't drug you?"