Explaining

Moana's P.O.V.

I wake up around midnight due to a nightmare. I stand up and sit in front and pull my knees close to my chest. I look up in the sky and find Maui's fishhook. I smile and look around the sky. Suddenly I feel a soft pair of hands grab my waist. "Maui..." I ask. "Hmm?" He says. "Can you teach me to shape shift?" I ask looking at him in the of my eye. He looks at me and smiles.

"Of course." He says ask he kisses my cheek. I learned the basics and nail them on the first try. I smile and take a nap. Maui wakes me an hour later.
I see the outline of Monotuni and I grow nervous. Maui must of noticed because he comes up and kisses my cheek. "Don't worry. They will understand." He reassures me. I smile and nod. We slowly creep towards Montanui I grow anxious. I see my village gather at the beach. Then I see my father and mother.

I hop of the boat and rush to their open arms. "Oh! My minnow has returned!" My dad exclaims. We pull back and I look at Maui. I smile and I rush over to him. "Maui? Please help me!" I say. He smiles and we walk over to the shore. My parents gape at Maui. "This is Maui, shape shifter, demigod of the wind and sea, hero to all. And well he's gonna take care of me." I say as I grab his hand.

"Moana? What are you saying?" My mother asks. "Let's talk somewhere in private." My father says. We walk to the hut of the elders and we dit down. "Now what do you mean Maui's gonna take care of you?" My dad asks. "Well Dad I'm a...you see funny thing." I start but I sigh and look at Maui."Sir...your daughter has been blessed and has been given a gift from the God's. She fufilled the whole ancient prophecy of Restoring the Heart. Her gift was given by the beautiful goddess Te Fiti herself." Maui explains.

"Which means?" My mom inquires. "Mom, dad...I'm a demigoddess." I say with a sigh. Maui rubs my shoulder sympatheticly and affectionately at the same time. "My daughter...a demigoddess." My father says. "Dad..." I start but he holds up a hand. "Leave me! I need...I need to think and process this." He says. We are dismissed but as I leave I hear my mom say that he was too harsh on us. I feel tears prick my eyes and I run.

"Moana!" I hear Maui shout. I run to the shore and jump on my canoe and leave the reef. I then I stare out into the open sea. I curl my knees up to my chest and I stare out into the open sea. An hour passes when I hear Maui in his hawk form. The lands on the canoe. "Hey! Don't go running of like that!" He says as I get up. "Your not my father! You don't tell what to do!" I yell as I let the tears fall.

I walk up to him that our noses touch. "I hate it!" I whimper as I place head in chest. He wraps his arms around and I break down into tears. "Hey I know! It's ok baby, it's ok." He says as he rubs my back. I cry what feels like days when it was only an hour. I pull away and Maui wipes my face. The places a kiss on my lips softly and I smile. He then moves down my neck and I giggle. "Maui...your tickling me!" I say with a giggle. "I need to make the princess smile." He says as I feel his breath tickle my ear. "I'm not a princess!" I murmer. "You're MY princess." He says as I feel him nibble my ear.

"Maui stop!" I say. I feel him smile as he kisses my cheek. He pulls back and smiles. "Better?" He asks. I smile and nod. "Your father might be looking for us. Let's head back." He says. I sigh and we sail back. We head to the game where we were talking before. My father looks at me. "We both have had time to process the information that you two gave us. And...we support your decision." My father says with a smile. I give a shout of glee and hug my parents. "I expect you to take care of her when I am gone." My dad says sternly to Maui. "Until the end of time." Maui says as he squeezes my hand. I smile and we walk out. We walk out on the shore hand in hand.

I am Moana of Monotuni. Demigoddess of plants and animals. I live with my husband Maui and our daughter Lila. I am not just a chieftess or a mother or a wife, I am me and this is my story.

The End