Tattoos

Moana's P.O.V.

"Let's go find Lono." I say as I watch Te Fiti go back to sleep. Maui grabs my hand and pulled me aside. "Moana..." He says in a shaky voice. "Maui? What's wrong?" I ask. He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "I can't lose you, I don't know what I would do without you...". He says.

"Maui, you won't lose me. I Promise. I'll be safe." I say. I wipe his tears and he cups my face gently. He brings his face close to mine and presses his lips on mine gently but desperately at the same. I stand on my tiptoes to deepen the kiss. He wraps his arms around me. We were like that for a moment. It felt like the Earth stopped for a moment. Just for us. I feel all my stress, worry, and fear wash away.

Maui's P.O.V.

I cannot lose her. I need her. She is my life. If I lose her, I think all of ka malu o will break loose. She kicked my sorry ass out of the gutter and made me relize I'm a hero. I'm thankful for this girl. I swear if I lose her, I think I would die. I pull back panting for my breath. I look at her and smile. We smile and head for the canoe. I push us off and we say nothing for a few minutes. I grab her waist and place my forehead on hers. We close our eyes for little bit. I slowly open my eyes.

"Hey Mo?" I ask breaking the silence. She slowly opens her eyes. "What?" She asks. "How long have you had that tattoo?" I ask poking her side of her stomach lightly. She blushes and giggles at the same time. "I got that once I got back."

Moana's P.O.V.

I guess Maui did a little exploring of his own as I did mine. I noticed his tattoo when I woke up this morning. I smile and lift his arm exploring him. He looks over his shoulder at me. "What are you doing?" He asks with a soft chuckle. "Doing some exploring of my own." I say. I look at all of his tattoos.

I run my hands down his back slowly. I trace his back delicately. Then a certain tattoo catches my eye. Its a heart. It has small intricate designs but its very simple. But the reason why catches my eye is because it has a word in the center of it. A name in fact. My name. Its like the one on my leg. I smile. "Hey Maui?" I ask.

"What?" He asks. "When you get that tattoo?" I say placing my finger on his shoulder. He doesn't look at the tattoo but smiles at me."Yesterday. Why do you ask?" He says grabbing my waist. I smile and I kiss his cheek. "I hope you like it." He whispers into my ear.

Maui's P.O.V.

She noticed her tattoo. But that means she knows that I was looking at her. "Before you say anything else, I did not do or see anything to you while you were sleeping!" I say quickly holding my hands up in the air. She giggles and pecks me on the lips.

I smile like the dork I am and relax. "Hey, I know you wouldn't do anything to me without my permission. And if you did see something, oh well. What I'm basically saying is, that I trust you Maui." She says wrapping her arms around my waist hugging me.

I hug her back. "Thanks for understanding Moana." I say whispering in her ear. "Plus, I'll only be ready when you are." I say. I feel her ear grow warm. I kiss her forehead and let out a deep sigh. "Alright! Now if I were Lono where would I be?" I say thinking out loud.