Figuring Out A Solution

Moana's P.O.V.

"OH MY GODS! MAUI! Maui are you ok?" I ask as kneel next to him lightly patting his face. He soon starts to come around and I sigh. "Moana? Whew! You won't believe the dream I just had. It was about you telling me that you and Te Fiti spoke and that you became a...It wasn't a dream, was it?" He says and asks. I shake my head no.

He just sighs and sits up. "M-maui?" I ask. He looks at me. "What are you you going to tell your parents?" He asks. "I-I don't know... but I know they aren't going to take it well, like... you... did." I say looking at my feet. He stands up and grabs my waist. I look into his eyes and see something. Its not disappointment but...happiness. "Maui?" I ask. He plants his lips on mine lightly and I smile. I kiss him back and wrap my arms around his neck.

We pull back a minute later and he holds me tight. "I'm happy. Excited even! But nervous that your folks might not feel all too happy about the news. Just know this, if they do support you then I'm happy! If not I'll stick with you for all of eternity because I love you Moana." He says rubbing my cheek. I lean in against his touch and he smiles. Then as if all of a sudden the ocean pops up out of no where drenching Maui. I laugh.

Maui's P.O.V.

I shake my head. "YOU SEE?! THE OCEAN IS COOKY DOOKS!" I shout as I wipe the water from my face. I hear Moana laughing and I smile and walk up to her. "You think that's funny don't ya?" I ask. She falls over laughing and I smile. I pick her up and throw her into the ocean. "AAAIIIEEE! MAUI YOU SON OF A!-" Then a huge splash. I smile as she swims up to the side of the boat. She glowers at me and I laugh. "Aww did the Princess get all wet?" I say with a tease.

"Ya, ya, whatever can you help me?" She asks extending her arm out. I give her a doubtful look. "How do I know you won't pull me in like you did the mast time?" I ask her. "I promise, I won't pull you in." She says. I smile and grab her arm. She smiles devishly. "Uh oh." I say.

She uses all of her strength and pulls me in. "WAH!" I scream. As I come up for air I glare at her. She laughs and I slowly smile. I swim up to her. "There. Now we're even." She says smiling smugly. "Ya, ya, whatever Curly." I say. She pecks my lips and I smile like the dork I am. I shake my head and swim back to the boat. As I hop up onto the boat I hear a delicate sound. Its humming. I hear Moana humming to herself. I recognize it as Na Leo. So I slowly start to sing along to her tune.

"He nani lua 'ole
Ku'u wehi o nâ lani
He kilohana 'oe
Na'u e pûlama mau
Hô'olu i ka poli e
Mehana i ke anu e.

I can smile when it's raining
And touch the warmth of the sun
I hear children laughing
In this place that I love.

Mau loa ke aloha
i kô pu'uwai hâmama
He u'i lani 'oe
Na'u e mâlama mau
Aia i ka la'i e
Hemolele i ka mâlie.

I can smile when it's raining
And touch the warmth of the sun
I hear children laughing
In this place that I love."

I finish the tune and look at her. Her jaw is on the floor and her eyes are all buggy eyed.

Moana's P.O.V.

"What?" He asks me. I stare at him. Out of the year I know him I never heard Maui sing tenderly. "Maui, I never heard you sing like THAT before! You're amazing!" I finally say. "I'm not that good..." He mumbled. "No! You really are!" I say walking over to him. He smiles sadly and look at him concerned.

"I remember that I went back to my parents in a bug form. I wanted to see my mother one last time. As I went to the storytelling hut I heard a voice. I looked inside and saw my mother singing that tune. She died that night because of an illness that was incurable. But whenever I feel mad or sad I remember that tune and well...her voice. And now I have yours." He said looking at me.

He wipes my cheek and I realize I'm crying. "Oh Maui, I'm so sorry...I didn't know." I say sympathetically.
He pecks my lips and I slowly smile. "Well we got a long two weeks before we reach Montunui. Get some rest." He says. I nod and curl up next to the mast. I grab a blanket and close my eyes. "I love you, my Sharkhead." I mumble. "And I love you, my curly haired Princess." I hear Maui say. I smile and slowly fall asleep and when I do I hear Maui humming.