The Rescue

Moana's P.O.V.

"MAUI! HELP ME!" I shouted. But the next thing I see was water, then blackness. When I woke up I found myself in a cage made of bamboo. "Well, well, you're up!" Said a familiar voice. I turn around and come face to face to no one other than Tomatoa. "AHH!". "Hey Woah calm down." He says defensively. "What do want with me?!" I yell. He smile wickedly.

"Ohh you know, the usual...revenge." He says casually like as if we were reminiscing old memory's over a pot of joe. "And what does that have to do with me?" I ask. "Oh yes, right, right, right, you my dear mortal are going to help me." He says. "Why would I want to do that?" I ask.

"You see my dear girl, a long time ago before your existence, I had all my legs. But one day a certain semi demi mini god came along. He had something that I wanted. But he smiled and we talked. We became friends. He would always go off on a mission and come back telling me about his adventures he had. But one day I had enough. He came back I started to yell. He yelled back at me. We fought and then BAM! He ripped off my leg. Then he left." He said.

Maui's P.O.V.

I'm on the shore of Lalotai or what the mortals call the Relem of Monsters. I walk up and climb up the mountain side. "Gods, please let my princess not be harmed." I pray silently. I opened the gate and peer down the hole. "Well here goes nothing.".

"CCCCHHHHEEEEHHHHOOOO!!!".

I jumped down and perfected my landing. "Huh? How was that?" I asked Mini Me. He sighs and gives me a point. "Yes!" I say. Then I heard Tomatoa. I creep quietly towards his layer. I see Moana and she sees me. I see she's a little bored but not harmed. The gods heard my prayers.

Moana's P.O.V.

I'm listening to Tomatoa's sob story when something or someone catches my eye. Its Maui! I smile and he gives me a wink. I return my attention back to Tomatoa. He looks at me. "Hey! Crab Cake!" Maui shouts. He looks around. "Well, well if it isn't Maui. You're just in time!" Tomatoa says slyly intrigued. "In time for what?" He asks curiously. "Why the death of this mortal girl, of course." He smiled.

Maui's P.O.V.

"Come on. She has nothing to do with this. Its between you and me." I say trying to manage my temper. He glares at me knowing I have a points. "I also have this." I say holding up the gold coin. His eyes grow wide. "How about we trade? The girl for the coin." I say. He smiles.

"Hmm alright, you first." Says Tomatoa. I throw the coin in a different direction. He goes after it. "Maui!" Screams Moana. "Hang on!" I shout. I shape shift into a giant hawk. I fly up and turn back into my regular, handsom self. I rip the door off. "Climb on my back." I tell her. She nods and I shift into a hawk once more. I fly us up and we we land on the beach.

Moana's P.O.V.

I climb off of Maui's back and he changes into his normal self. I smile and hug him tightly. "Oh thank the gods you're alright." He says with a huge sigh of relief. I pull back and kiss him. He smiles and kisses me back. We stand on the beach like that for a moment. "Come on! Lets get out of here!" I say. He nods and we run off to the canoe. He pushes us off and we let out of breath of relief Once the island was out of our sight. "Now, Te Fiti." I say. Maui nods his head.

Maui's P.O.V.

I look at Moana. "Moana listen, I'm sorry. I was frozen when you got captured. It all happened so fast. I should of protected you. I'm so sorry." I say dropping my head. I felt hot tears run down my face. Then I feel two gentle hands on my face. I look up and see Moana smiling as she rubbed the tears away. She hugs me and I hug her back. "Its ok. We all make mistakes. And I'm not hurt. Thats all that matters." She said.

Moana's P.O.V.

"Hey, I'll be ok. Now you look beat. Get some sleep." I say as I peck his lips lightly. He smiles. "That wasn't entirely a 'goodnight kiss' you know." He says mischievously. I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. I trace a tattoo and tease him back. "Well I didn't here you say the magic word.". He smiles. "Please." He says. "Much better." I say as I place my lips on his lightly. He kisses me back very passionately. I pull back a minute later. "Sleep. Now." I say as I poke a demanding finger into his pec. He chuckles and lays down. "Goodnight Curly." He says with a yawn. "Goodnight hero." I say.