Chapter 3

I see Cotty. I scream and hug her. She hugs me back. I ask her what she is doing here. She lifts up her arm. Its bandaged. I ask her what happened. She tells me and I start crying. She asks me who that guy is in the living room. The look on her face says "Who did you sleep with?" I tell her that it is a new student who doesn't have a dorm. She nods. I tell her I'm letting him stay until he is settled. She asks what I know about him. I tell her that I know his name is Jason, he is 22, and is from New York. I tell her I met him on the bus coming home. Cotty aks if I'm high. I look at her and say no. She says that I'm acting like it. I roll my eyes at her.

I tell her that I'm takng Jason shopping for school supplies. I ask her if I can use her car. She says sure. She tells me I have to pick it up. I tell her okay. I walk out into the living room and see Jason. I tell him we are leaving in about an hour. I ask him if he met Cotty. He says yes. I ask him how he slept. He smiles and says he slept great. I don't bring up what happened last night. I tell him that I'm going get ready. He says okay. I go to my room and get clean clothes. I see Cotty asleep on my bed. I smile and kiss her forehead. I also grab my towel.

I walk out of my room and go into the bathroom. I tell Jason that when I'm out he better have pants on. He laughs and says that he can't make any promises. I roll my eyes. I get into the bathroom and close and lock the door. I start the shower and undress. I jump in. I wash my hair and shave. I close my eyes and relax. I push back all the thoughts of that spring break trip. I quickly realize that the water is freezing and get out. I get my towel. I brush my teeth. I get my hair brushed and semi-dry. I dry myself off and put on my black shorts. I put deodorant and then slip on my blue shirt. I grab my towel and walk out of the room.

I see Cotty with my phone. I ask her why she has it. She says that my mom called and she answered it and told my mom that everything was fine. I smile and say thanks. I ask where Jason is. She says that he went to get dressed. I ask her what time it is. She ignores the questions and tells me that I have 10 minutes to get ready. I run to my room and put my towel on its hanger. I grab my make-up bag and quickly put on my make-up. Once I'm done, I grab a pair of socks and slip them on. I them remember my lotion. I grab it and put lotion on. I put my lotion back and grab my blue Vans.

I slip them on and go back into the living room. I see Jason. He is wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a white and blue shirt. He also has a pair of blue Supras. He looks nice. Cotty tells me I forgot my purse in my room. I groan and go get it. I walk back out and ask for my phone. Jason gives it to me. I look at him and he just smirks. I glare at him. He laughs and says we should go. I nod. I go to Cotty and give her a kiss on the head. I tell her to call me if she doesn't feel well. She smiles and says she will. I wave and grab Jason's hand. I tell him that the car shop isn't far so we can walk. He smiles. While walking we just chat. I learn he has 2 little siblings. I smile and tell him I have 3.

We get to the shop and I ask for Cotty Banks. The man nods and hands me the keys. I smile and say thanks. I see Jason looking at the car. I smile. I tell him to get in. I slide in the car and I recognize the car's smell. The smell of cigarettes and perfume. I smile again and buckle up. I start the car and get going. While Jason and I are talking a phone goes off. I reach for mine as a natural habit, but I soon realize that it is Jason's phone that went off. He answers the phone and mouths sorry to me. I nod and focus on the road.

When we finally get to the store, Jason hangs up to the phone. I turn off the car. I grab my purse and get out. I wait for Jason to get hurry up. He finally gets out of the car and walks to me. I start walking towards the store when I am pulled back by Jason. I turn to look at him. He tells me that he thought he saw a car coming. I smile and tell him that is a very sweet move, but if a car was coming I would move. He just gives me a small smile.

Once we are in the store, I tell Jason that we probably will need a cart. He just nods. I go grab a cart and start walking to the school supplies. I tell Jason to grab some paper, binders, notebooks, pens, pencils, and a book bag. He nods and grabs everything. He picks out a plain black book bag. I tell him that we need to get him some bed stuff. I don't even wait for his famous nod. I just go straight to the bed section. I hear Jason follow after me. I tell him to pick out whatever he wants. He goes and looks at the different colours of bed spreads and sheets. I tell Jason that he can't forget to get some pillows.

While helping Jason, my phone rings. I grab it and without looking at the caller i.d. Right when I pick up I am getting yelled at. I know that it's my mom yelling. I don't talk, I just let her yell. Once she is done I tell her that I'm sorry for not calling her. She just says that she was worried about me. I say I know. I also tell her I've been busy helping out a friend. I can tell that she wants to know what friend I've been helping. I feel something hit me. I yell and for who hit me. I see Jason smirking. I tell my mom that I have to go. Before she can reply I hang up. I hit Jason as hard as I can. He just laughs.

A/N: I hope y'all like this chapter! I'm sorry it took me so long to update! It's summer now I plan on updating more!! I love y'all! Comment what y'all think of the story/chapter.