Turning off the water, he reached for a towel and wrapped it around my body. When I stepped out of the shower, I noticed all of our bloodstained clothing was gone from the floor. Myrnin followed my gaze and answered my unspoken question, "I arranged for someone to discard our clothes and clean any traces away while we showered, so you would not have to look at them again."

I wound my arms around his neck, and laid my head back against his chest. I murmured, "Thank you for thinking of that." He kissed me on the forehead and then pulled back to wrap a towel low on his hips.

As we exited the bathroom, I was surprised to see Abby and Trystan waiting for us. Relief flooded through me that they both okay. When the Escalade flipped and crashed, I had been hugely thankful that Ciro had kept Abby in a secondary vehicle with two other vampires. She jumped up and ran to me, throwing her arms around me tightly. "Thank God you are okay!"

I smiled at her warm welcome, thankful once again to have her as a friend during all of this chaos. I squeezed her and teased quietly, "What are you guys doing here? Is it because I'm naked?" It had become our running joke. It seemed every time she was around, I was naked for one reason or another. Today being no exception, apparently.

Myrnin left my side to take her place in the chair next to Trystan. He collected his cell phone from the table and make a call. When he began speaking in Welsh, I suspected Gwion was on the other end of the line.

Abby tugged on my wrist and pulled me so that we were sitting on the edge of the bed. Her eyes clouded over in tears. Alarm ran through me. I looked her up and down. She seemed to be in one piece. Her hair was wet, obviously having just taken a shower as well. I couldn't find any physical reason for her distress and asked urgently, "Are you okay? Did something happen to you?!"

She smiled through her tears and whispered, "No, silly, I came to tell you thank you for coming to my rescue – you shouldn't have – but thank you."

I frowned. "Of course I should have. Why would you say anything different?"

"Because that bastard was just using me so that he could hurt you," she explained simply.

"Would you have done the same thing for me?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Well of course, but that doesn't it matter."

"Of course it matters, and you know it." I smiled at her.

She grinned and changed the subject. "Okay, time to eat."

My eyes were wide as I tried to determine if I heard her correctly. "Oh no! I am not feeding from you right now. You have just been through hell."

She huffed impatiently, "I am perfectly fine, now stop objecting and get started. I have a dinner date that I need to get ready for."

I shook my head.

Her eyes narrowed dangerously. "Really? You can run into the arms of a madman for me, but I can't do this for you?"

Well since she put it that way, I could see her point. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She rolled her eyes.

I sighed, "Okay, let me get dressed first."

Myrnin interjected from across the room, "You're only going to take it all off again as soon as they leave."

Just like the shower, his intention wasn't sexual. He was going to use our bond to comfort, love and heal the broken parts of me. And nothing would separate us when he did. I nodded in understanding. It would be a waste of time.

...

The blood definitely helped. I hadn't realized how much the fighting and subsequent burning had taken a toll on my body. After Abby and Trystan left, Myrnin removed my towel, lifted me and pulled back the covers to tuck me underneath. He climbed in next to me and then reached to extinguish the only light in the room, an ornate table lamp with crystals and a navy shade. The sun was shining now, but the heavy curtains were drawn tight, locking out the light.