Chapter 10

Sunday went by fairly quickly and was spent having a movie binge and cuddling. 6:30 Monday morning my phone said. I groan and roll out of bed. I really don't want to go but Fuck it. After getting dressed, I make myself an iced coffee and a frappe for my sister. She comes down and thanks me before grabbing it and leaving. Hmmm. That was weird, maybe she wanted to make out with Omar before class or something. I shake the negative thoughts that were starting away. Unlocking my car I notice that there was a note. Instead of reading it, I stuck it in my glove compartment and head to Scott's to pick him up. "Hey babe." He says before kissing me. I smile into the kiss. "Hey love. You look nice." He smiles as well. *So do you but you always do. Did Gisela act weird this morning by any chance?" He asks me. I nod. "Yeah. She seemed to be in a hurry to leave, she barely said two words to me. Why?" He answers with, "Because Omar was the same way. I hope everything is okay with them." "Me too." I agree. We pull up to school to find them making out in Omar's car. We laugh and head inside, holding hands. Babe leaves me to go to his locker and Isaiah approaches me. "Nicole, we need to talk. Meet me here at lunch." With that, he walks away. I shake my head, as I walk into first period. This is going to be a long ass day. I sigh and open my textbook doing the assignment. "What you don't finish will be homework." Says the teacher. I flip her off and finish just as the bell rings. I meet up with babe for a kiss before switching my book out for next class. He tells me how he has homework and I laugh at him. Second and third periods go by faster than I expected or wanted. I was not ready to meet Isaiah to talk. "Here goes nothing." I say quietly to myself. I walk up to my locker to find him already there. Maybe he's the one that put the note on my windshield this morning. "Okay Isaiah. Make it fast. I want to eat with my boyfriend and sister." I say to him. He smiles which turns into a smirk. "Nicole, I'd love to make it fast but I want to take my time with you." I nearly gag. He continues to say, "I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you and for all the things I've said and done. I regret them. You see that day, I had to go home, my mom had told me, my father had been shot and killed in Iraq. I didn't know how to feel or react. So I started taking it out on you. I miss you and how we used to be. I want to start over. Nicole I want you." I bust out laughing. "Isaiah, Isaiah Isaiah." I say. "You won't ever have me as anything ever again. I won't allow you close enough to do anymore damage. You think that losing your dad, it's okay to hurt me. I never turned my back on you. You aren't the only one with parental issues or pain. Sure he's dead and gone, but at least you had a bond with both parents. At least when he left for war, he was leaving you to defend our country and fight for our freedom. Along with providing a roof over your head, food in your stomach and making sure you have a better life. You were loved by both parents not abandoned! My mom left me with my father for another life without me. My dad left countless times on trips, that I couldn't attend. So don't you think I'm going to let you back in because you were in pain. You can't tell me shit! Goodbye." I turn around about to walk off when he grabs a hold of my wrist. "Please Nicole." He says. I try to jerk away only to be pinned up against the lockers. Just as he's about to kiss me, I kick him in the balls and run to the cafeteria. I bump into Omar and nearly fall. He holds me still as I look back towards the hallway holding my wrist. He looks down at me. "Nicole are you okay? Why were you running?" After I catch my breath, I say, "Isaiah wanted to talk, but he pinned me to the lockers and tried to kiss me. I locked him in the balls and ran straight here." He balls his fists. "Where is that little fucker now?! I'm going to teach him a lesson he'll never forget. No one messes with my brother's girlfriend!" I shake my head. "No Omar." I pleaded but he walks right passed me. "Where is babe going?" Gisela asks me. I whisper. "Isaiah." Scott doesn't say a word, he just walks in the same direction as Omar. I bite my lip and cry in my sister's arms. Omar and Scott come back and I notice their knuckles are bruised and a bit bloody.