Chapter Seven

Começar do início

"It's a shame, ‘cause it's pretty awesome." Zac complimented.

"Really?" The little boy perked up, "It's some of my best work."

"I knew you did it!" Emma cheered.

"Damn! Zac, why'd you rat me out?" Sam asked.

Zac simply smirked at him, "Because the more you do wrong, the more I can do wrong."

"You behave. You're even worse than him." Emma hit Zac in the stomach pretty hard considering he winced in pain. It was obvious she was the mother figure.

"The word behave is not in my vocabulary." Zac said and walked off. What a jerk.

"Ugh, you guys will be the death of me." Emma pointed to Sam. He just shrugged innocently and walked off in the same direction as Zac.

Emma shook her head, "Boys are stupid."

"I couldn't agree more." I shrugged, "But their stupidity makes us seem smarter."

"I guess. Anyway let's go!" She grabbed my arms and started to pull me up the stairs.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"My room!" She squealed excitedly as she finally let go of me, but urged me to follow her.

One door in particular caught my eye. It was a simple black door, corresponding to the other white doors throughout the hall. In the corner I noticed a peace sign with an X through it. Beneath it was the word 'havoc' written in red paint, some dripping down to make it look like blood.

I found myself wondering if it actually was blood...

Emma must have caught me staring because she followed my line of sight. "Oh. That's just Zac's room, ignore it, he had an obsession with blood as a child."

I knew there was something more she wasn't telling me, because she couldn't look me in the eye, but I let it go anyway. "Sooo... your room?" I asked.

A smile replaced her dreary expression as she bolted to the end of the hall and jumped up and down on the spot. I laughed at her 'subtleness' and proceeded in the same direction as her, but not before sparing another glance at Zac's door. Havoc... somehow that word and the way it was written, reminds me of something. I just can't remember what.

I shook it off and entered Emma's room, as she held the door open for me.

"Welcome to teenage heaven." She stated as she made dramatic hand gestures to emphasise her room’s awesomeness.

Teenage heaven was an understatement. Her room was purple and pink (my favourite colours) and had flowers and butterflies of all sorts everywhere. She had a 51" TV in one corner of her massive room with white couches surrounding it, and a dressing table with a giant mirror which has crystals surrounding it in another corner, stacks of every type of magazine imaginable in the bookcase in another corner and of course her king canopy bed straight opposite to the door.

"This house really doesn't look this big from the outside." I stated my thoughts while grabbing a magazine and flipping through the page.

She shrugged, "It isn't I guess. I just have the biggest room. Sam's is tiny and Zac's is okay, but still mega small compared to mine."

"What about your parents?" I asked. Come to think of it, Emma hasn't mentioned her parents yet. Oh no. Are they dead?

"No, they're not."

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did."

Crap I really need to stop doing that.