17

Seventeen: Whose To Blame?

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; Junior year-

Friday -after school-

After I came home yesterday my dad was pissed because coach called and told him she was worried about me, and said that I didn't make the team. Yesterday he might as well of been in his heavily drunken state.

I couldn't bring my self to go to school today. A because I didn't feel like facing Sam when he is sucking a girl's face off, B I didn't feel like having to go to the bathroom all day to make sure bruises were covered, C I didn't feel like being urged on by G to tell the others so I stayed home today.

The guys were texting in the group chat all day checking up on me to see if I was feeling better because I told them I was sick. They kept asking if I needed anything or if I want them to skip school so I had company but I declined.

"Get the door!" My dad shouted, he wasn't happy that I stayed home A because I would get in his way and B he couldn't get his friends to come over to smoke. My mom went to her friends house today but I'm pretty sure she went to one of her fuck buddies.

I sighed and pulled my self out of bed and walked down the hall and opened the door slightly to see Sam.

I kept the door shut but enough for me to look outside at him. I tried not to panic a lot because I didn't cover the bruises today because I wasn't planning on leaving the house.

"Yeah?" I weakly spoke.

"Can I come in?" He asked his hands were shoved in his pockets. "Can we talk?"

"Sammy, I don't think that's a good idea." I said softly through the little crack in the door.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"I don't want to get you sick." I lied.

"How many times do I have to tell you your a bad liar." Sam shook his head. "If I can't come in, come out here. Please, Az'."

"Sam." I said.

"Come on." he said and backed away from the door so I could step out.

I sighed and turned around as I opened the door so when I closed it I had my back to him. I stayed facing the door.

"What's wrong, turn around." He laughed and gently grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. I turned around but kept my head down so he wouldn't see. "Az', come on."

He lifted my head up and searched my face, his jaw clenched. "Who did this?" He whispered sternly.

"Sammy, it doesn't matter." I whispered.

"Was it Hunter?" He asked his hand still under my chin.

"What? No." I shook my head.

"Then tell me who." He said. I suck my lips in between my teeth and shook my head slightly. "Baby, please." He whispered softly. He pulled me into a hug. "Please, tell me." He said once his arms were wrapped around me and mine were around him. "Az', tell me who it was." He whispered.