Chapter 27: Back Home...Sadly

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is lunchtime now. Haylee and I walk past the notice board. We see a few girls have signed up, but we need ten.

"Do you think any cheerleaders will join?" I ask Haylee.

"Of course. The Cheerios love to dance. I")'m sure they can sing as well. So, this Glee Club would be perfect for them," she said.

"Okay. Could you ask some cheerleaders for me?" I ask. Haylee nods.

"Sure," she said and she runs off. I turn around and I see the Glee Club (the New Directions).

"Hey guys," I said.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Puckerman?" Kitty said.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She means you creating another Glee Club," Jake said. I roll my eyes.

"Why do you ask? Do you think we're gonna beat you?" I said. They don't respond. "Guys, this is something that I've been wanting to do for so long: leave the Glee Club. Now, I'm happy. Can't you guys accept it?" Then, Marley walks away. Then Unique. Then Kitty. Then, Everyone goes except for Jake and Ryder. "Jake, all I want to do is be happy in my miserable life."

"What? Don't I and the rest of the Glee Club make you feel happy?" He said and he leaves.

"Jake, come on. Jake!" I said, but he already left. I look back at Ryder and he hugs me. "Why can't I be happy?" He kisses my forehead.

"You can be. You just haven't seen it," he said. "Okay, I love you. I'll see you later." I nod and he leaves me standing in the middle of the hallway.

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to me and I walk alone

The bell rings and I walk to class.

I walk this empty street

On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Where the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk into my classroom and I take a seat at the back.

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a...

I look to the table on my left. Jake is sitting there alone. I'm sitting alone too.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me

'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah,

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah

Class ends and I walk out of the classroom. I walk down the hallway with my books in my arms.

I'm walking down the line

That divides me somewhere in my mind

On the border line

Of the edge and where I walk alone

I enter my next class and I sit at the back.

Read between the lines