C H A P T E R 4

Mulai dari awal

"What are you doing?" I sit down next to her.

"I'm gonna block all messages from people that I don't know! IM's, texts, e-mails, everything. Screw A. There. Who's next?" She looks up at us and Emily takes the laptop next.

"I spy with my little eye something that begins with F." I point towards Mr. Fitz riding on his bike past us.

"Hey, Mr. Fitz." Hanna waves and he waves back.

"Looking good, Mr. Fitz." Spencer calls after.

"My turn." Aria takes the laptop next.

"There are teachers that you don't want to see on a bike, and there are teachers that you do want to see on a bike." Spencer continues to look at him.

"I would not want to see Mr. Gilardi on a bike." I laugh.

"I don't want to think of Mr. Gilardi in motion of any kind." Em laughs with me.

"Ah. Mr. Fitz." Hanna thinks about him still even though he's gone.

"Hanna." Aria looks up at her, "your turn."

"You talk to Ben?" Spence asks Emily about her broken relationship.

"Nothing to talk about." She shakes her head.

"So you're really done?" Aria asks her.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Emily assures us.

"Okay, if you say so." Aria nods supportively.

"Your turn." Hanna shoves the laptop to me and I enter the details I need to put in. "I wish we had a drum roll for this."

"All right, here it goes." I click the 'submit' button, "We are officially A-proofed."

"Listen. All those little messages zipping through the air all around us." Spencer relaxes.

"Yep, and none of them from A."

"This feels like a good thing." Emily smiles.

"Of course it's a good thing. Out of mind, out of sight." Hanna leans back against the bench and then a piece of paper comes flying towards us.

Aria picks it up and it's one of the missing posters for Ali, apart from there's red writing on it.

Our moment of piece is gone when we realise the poster was sent by 'A' and we start looking around for clues as to who it could be but all there is, is town members walking the streets like they usually do

Aria screws up the sheet in her hands and we get up still looking over our shoulders to leave the area.

*

"Spence, why didn't your folks take you to New York with your sister? I mean, you deserve some retail therapy too." Hanna asks in the cafeteria at school the next day.