"How's your day?" She smiled sweetly.

"Fine, just another normal school day."

"You seem tired, maybe you should rest for a while and I'll prepare dinner. Okay?"

"Okay." I stood up and went upstairs in my room.

Aunt Rica has always been the one taking care of me since my mother is working in Canada. She doesn't have any children so she treats me like her own. I don't know why she decided not to get married and stay single. As a matter of fact, my mother is her younger sister, yet mom got married and had a child first.

When I was 10 years old, my parents got into a car accident. My mother survived, but unfortunately, my father didn't. Being a single child, all the attention of my parents was in me. So it was very hard for me when I lost my dad.

Every daughter dreamed to have a dad who'll protect you. Every girl's first love is their father. Every princess needs a king. All these things, I didn't experience the moment that accident happened. Life was so unfair, because it didn't gave me a chance to feel the love of a father. Yes, I did, but 10 years isn't enough. It is very insufficient, I need more, but no, I couldn't bring him back.

If it was very difficult for me, how much more for my mom? She lost her husband, her lover, her king. Every queen needs her king. Even though I don't see it, I know deep inside of her, she's broken, she's hurt, and she's sad.

A family without a father couldn't be called a family, but my mother proved it wrong. She is a very good mother, and at the same time, a father. She needed to be stronger, for herself and specially for me. She never made me feel that I lost something.

I pity my mom. All the responsibilities was left to her. She had to work away to earn money for living. She said everything she's doing is for me, and of course, I do understand.

"Megan?" I hear a knock on the door, and immediately, I knew it was Aunt Rica because of the sweetness of her voice.

"Yes?" I answered, leaving my reverie.

"Dinner's ready, dear."

"Okay, I'm coming." I hear her footsteps walking away from my room. I stood up from my bed and tied my hair into a messy bun.

I went downstairs. When I entered the kitchen, I see Aunt Rica placing the food on the dining table.

"You're right on time."

I smiled and sat on the chair, and she did the same. We ate the lasagna she prepared for tonight. After eating, I offered myself to wash the dishes and clean the table.

"You don't have to Meg, I can do it." She tried to decline, but I didn't allow her.

"I can handle this, Aunt Rica. Besides, I've got nothing to do tonight, except sleeping." I muttered.

"But-"

"No buts, please? Allow me to do this. I bet you're tired, so you better rest now." I demanded.

"Okay, thanks Meg. Good night." She smiled sweetly.

"You're welcome. Good night Aunt Rica." I kissed her good night and she walked out of the kitchen.

After everything was done, I went upstairs to my room. I lay down on my bed, thinking of many things. I didn't even notice that I was falling asleep, into a deep sleep.

------------------------------

I hear the sound of my alarm clock aggravating my ears, and I knew I had to wake up for another day.

Another day of my daily routine. Wake up in the morning, go to school having the reputation of "the girl who breaks every boy's heart", go home and be myself, the real me.

I switched it off and stood up lazily. I went to the shower with my eyes half closed.

Every morning, there are two choices that you have to do. It's either you go back to sleep and continue your dreams, or wake up and follow your dreams. And today, I chose to wake up and follow my dreams.

After doing all the necessary personal hygiene, I changed into some girly outfit. A dress just above the knee, paired with a 4-inched wedged sandals. I put on a make up and allowed my curly blond hair to roll down my back with a silver clip on the side. I wore a necklace, a bracelet and a wristwatch. Then, I looked at myself in the mirror.

This is so not me.

I told myself.

I twist the doorknob and went out of my room. It's gonna be another day. Another day of portraying my character, the popular "school's playgirl".

•••

A/N:

Hey guys! What do you think of Megan? Please don't hate her yet, the story has just started. ;)

Comment? Vote? Share? <3

Lovelots :*

_BlueRose