IV.

** S a s h a  L u s s   as   A s p e n  I v e r s o n

      Mr. Baines gave me a few minutes to soak in everything he just tossed at me and so I could hungrily polish off the bowl of porridge the nurse gave me. 

Hearing that Heath was still alive sent a wave of relief over me, it was comforting to know that I had more control during that encounter than years ago. Since Bradley, I haven't kissed anyone since because of my overwhelming fear that I could potentially kill again. 

I finished the porridge and the small scone that was on the plate as well, feeling full and more grounded, I looked again around the room. 

I felt like I was in a scene from Harry Potter, the room looked strangely similar to Hogwarts, and for the millionth time, I wondered where I was. Where exactly was this Thornhill Academy, was I still in America? Was I in Europe? The infirmary was still empty, and the pristine white empty beds gave me an eerie feeling. 

The nurse appeared once again, this time she was holding a deep scarlet robe in her hands and a pair of, what looked like satin, black slippers. She approached my bed cautiously, and set them on the edge of the comforter.

 "The headmistress will see you now, put these on please" she instructs, quietly. 

She didn't speak much but for the time I've been here, she's been awfully kind to me. Cautious, but kind. I suppose I would cautious too if I was in her position, a strange girl unable to control whatever deadly ice power she has. I thanked her and reached for the robe, slipping it on, and tying it tightly around my waist. 

I stepped out of bed for the first time and put on the slippers. I didn't wobble or fall over, but I felt a bit better now that I was standing up. Mr. Baines stood at the infirmary doors, with his eyes crossed and eyes skeptical. 

I slowly walked over to him and gave him a shaky smile, "So where to next?" I ask. 

"We are going to see the Headmistress, her office is on the fourth floor" He says, turning around "Follow me" He instructs. 

I wondered for a second how large this school actually was, if there was four floors, and the infirmary looked like a dining hall. I followed Mr. Baines quietly, as we walked I didn't see any other students around. I didn't know what time it was or if there were classes going on, was it like a regular high school, did they have bells and time tables? 

"What country are we in?" I ask finally, my curiosity spikes. 

"We're in Canada, northern British Columbia, close to Yukon Territory actually" He says. I felt a bit better knowing that I was still close to the Americas, maybe if this doesn't work out I could find a way to escape. I heard Alaska was pretty nice. I trailed behind Mr. Baines without saying another word.