The image of Louis being nothing but a demanding bossy asshole was immediately replaced with a broken and lonely man in Niall's mind.

"I'm going home... Niall, take a break or something. Tell anyone about me crying and you're dead." Louis said as he pack his stuff.

"I'll drive you home." Liam sighed.

Louis just nodded before walking out, expecting Liam to follow him, which he did anyway.

Niall released a deep breath when the door closed, he leaned back on his chair and rubs his face in frustration,

"What have I done?"

~~~

"I missed you so much, buddy! Did you miss me?" Harry cooed at Michael, while laying on Zayn's bed and making silly faces to make the baby laugh.

Zayn can't help but smile, he feels warm all over, happy to see his boys interacting again.

Michael babbles some baby noises while pinching Harry's face with a saliva coated hand.

Harry made a silly grossed face to which the baby laughed out. Clearly entertained by it and did it again.

"You two play while I fix dinner, yeah?" Zayn chuckled before getting up.

"Need any help, babe?" Harry asked as Michael settled on his chest.

"I'll be fine." Zayn smiled before leaving the room.

He hummed as he went down the stairs and to his kitchen. Zayn can't help but check his phone. Again. As if waiting for a message or something. He has a lot of notifications, his thumb scroll through it, as if looking for a certain someone.

Zayn felt a little weird, empty. He doesn't know what or who was he even looking for, but he just felt a little disappointed when he didn't find it.

He shrugged and just continued on making dinner, mac and cheese was on the menu for tonight, Zayn decided as he was feeling a little lazy.

Once the water was boiling and Zayn has dropped the macaroni in. He began working on the cheese sauce.

'It's so quiet...' Zayn can't help but sigh.

Louis had always-

Zayn shook his head, 'Nothing. Quiet is nice. A time for myself.'

Louis will-

Zayn began humming a random tune in order to try and quiet down his mind.

"I really love your pink hair by the way."

Zayn jumped as he felt arms snaking around his waist.

"Harry, you scared me!" Zayn huffed, "You're lucky I didn't beat you up with this cheese covered spoon!"

Harry chuckled before kissing Zayn's neck, "Well, that's not a problem, yeah? You can lick it off me." Zayn can feel his smirk.

"Control yourself, Harry." Zayn rolled his eyes before playfully shoving the brunette away, "And where's Michael?"

"Playing in his playpen." Harry said before pointing at the living room's direction, "Made sure his safe and all so you have nothing to worry about."

"That's good." Zayn smiled before going back to cooking.

"I really missed you, you know." Harry said before going back to embracing Zayn from the back, "I thought I lost you to Louis."

Zayn froze at the name.