xxvii

I awoke, not in chains and not restrained at all. I tried to pick must up but I couldn't i was too week. I had no idea how long I had been here now, days ran into weeks and I knew that no one would know the horror about what Axel was really up to.

So, with the strength of my family I pulled myself up. I managed to get to my feet and find my clothes which were thrown in a corner. I pulled on my clothes and pulled weapons off of the table.

"No more nice girl." I whispered to myself.

My morning meal was delivered right on time, by a random member of the French organization. I hung on the ceiling unmoving until he was right underneath me. I stabbed him in the neck and threw his body into the cell.

"Dominika волков — ни один заключенный." I jumped down and made my way upstairs.

"Dominika!" Maureen gasped looking at me.

My face had to be scared and bruised.

"Where have you been?" She scolded me.

"Locked away in your dungeon." I pointed a gun at her.

She looked in shock.

"I was beaten, tortured and raped. All because Axel wants what he can't have." I said as men began to surround me. I looked at them all. "You might want to check the door first."

They just pointed their guns at me ready to shoot.

But then, the front door came down and in came my salvation.

"Stand down." Boris stood pointing guns at everyone.

"Where is he?" I asked, Maureen.

"He's in Paris."

"All he wants is your son. And you keep him hidden in plain sight." I said to her. "You really used to be something Grandmother."

"Grandma." Boris looked at her.

"Traitor." Dmitry looked her up and down.

"I was born French, I am no traitor to my family." She said.

"How about it Uncle, is she a traitor?" Boris asked.

"To see all my sister's children, run this family the way she would have wanted, just beautiful. But she was always right about you mother, a traitor to  your country and a traitor to your family." Thiery walked forward, with his arm in a sling.

"So, you gonna kill me or what?" Maureen's, Russian raised accent shown through.

"Of course not, we don't kill family. But we do have a nice concrete room for you, next door to your son-in-law." I said to her as Solaris knocked her out.

"I feel whole already." Solaris put her arm around me, keeping me up.

"I need to get home." I said, nearly passing out.

"Then let's go." Konstantin said.

And we all left with Uncle Thiery and Grandma Maureen, included.

♡♧♡♧

It felt good to be home, I had been seen by our doctor and been told I had multiple broken ribs at one point that were healing and set correctly, and that some of the bruising may take awhile to heal. But I was cleared to build my strength back up and train accordingly.

°°°

I hadn't seen Cain in over a week, I had regained most of my strength and Bailey was no longer sleeping in my office.