iv

~~ 7 months ago ~~

"Where was she spotted?" I asked angrily, slamming my desk aggressively. She's alluded me long enough.

"This was taken four years ago, sir. We're not even sure that she's still in Vienna. Let alone Europe at all." One of my men reported to me.

"Are you telling me, that you lost her?" I said with my voice full of rage.

"No, sir. We just don't know where she's hiding." He shook as he spoke.

"You lost her." I pulled my gun out.  "And what should you lose?" I pointed the gun at him.

Just as I was about so shoot out his knees, my right-hand, Cathal, walked through the door. "Get out of here." He said sitting down. 

As he left, Cathal began to speak. "Cain, what is your obsession with the Russians?" He asked me.

"You know, what my obsession is based on. They murdered my family." I growled at him.

"No, your obsession with her. The jewel in the Russian crown?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

I didn't say anything, I couldn't.

"Maybe this will refresh your memory." He placed a picture on my desk.

"Where did this come from?" I balled up the photo

"Do you remember? Dammit, Cain. You loved that girl, and what did she tell you?" He said aggressively.

"She didn't want to destroy a good man, and that she was a monster." I smiled at the thought of her being a monster.

"Well she is a monster. Her call sign is Abbadon, which happens to be the Last Knight of hell." He said. "And how odd is it that you're name is Cain, who created the knights of hell."

I looked at him, "She's no monster. She can't be." I refused to believe even her words of being a monster, why would I believe his.

"Then there's no convincing you." He stood up to leave. As he pulled open the door, he turned to say on last thing, "You know you can't find her unless she wants to be found." He pulled the door shut behind him.

I unballed the photo, "Where are you, Angel?"

*** Last Week ***

One of my men, rushed into my office. "Sir, we found her. She was spotted on the Russian security cameras arriving a month ago. The tap just went through." He said placing photos on my desk.

"She's been training sir. If can say sir, I think that the Russian's are getting ready for war." He said.

"Dismissed." I waved him out if my office.

"She's back." I placed my hand on the photo.

<><><><<<><><><><><><><><><><

Sorry,

I know I'm late again. But I  promise I'll make it up to you, and in the mean time...

Live. Laugh. Rock. Roll.
Read. Vote. Comment. Eat Pizza.

Luv,

     Nova