"Stage III : Confession" Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

She walked through the dark hallway. Her eyes wandering in search of his. She muttered under breath, unaware of her every move being monitored. His eyes followed her while she called out for him, "Manik!"

Her voice echoed through the empty walls of his apartment and a shiver ran down her spine. He was aware that she loathed darkness but having the lights on would only spoil his surprise. She called out his name yet again, but this time she whispered, "Manik!"

He found her moving towards the switch board and his hand instantly clamped with hers. Pulling her close, he whispered, "Nandini," she fisted his shirt as she held him closer.

"You fool, you could have at least kept the lights on," she complained while her voice trembled with fear.

"You shouldn't be afraid of the darkness," he spoke as he gently held her face, and added, "I am right here."

"Why did you have to call me so urgently?" She mumbled softly.

"I had a certain confession to make," he straightaway informed, "and I wasn't sure of how you'd react, thus, the lights." He looked around to find darkness all over. Knowing she wouldn't be comfortable for long, he turned the dim lightings on.

"And what's that confession?" She asked nervously.

He found her staring back in confusion. He could feel the nervousness erupting within. He ran over his thoughts once again, straightening every word before he would spill it to her. But the uncertainty crept in and he found himself asking, "You have to promise me that you will hear me out completely."

She nodded her head in agreement while she held a clueless expression.

He sighed, this was going to be long, he thought. Grabbing her hands in his, he looked up into her puzzled eyes while he confessed with honesty in his tone, "I feel for you."

Her eyes widened and he panicked. "Please, just listen to me once," he pleaded.

She stood still at her place, and he chose the moment to spill everything that he hid in his heart, "I don't know whether it's love or not; whether what I feel for you is love or not. But I do know that whatever it is, I see future with you. The feelings I have for you have only grown deeper and stronger with each passing day. How much ever I try to suppress it or forget it; I fail. I fail, miserably. The more I try to suppress; the more it erupts. I am scared to have to let you go. I fear to have to live a life without you."

Not having received any response from her, he added with a sigh, "If you don't reciprocate, it would hurt. But I will live with it, if I have you in my life, by my side. If nothing at least as a friend; my best friend. Though, letting you go, it would bleed; my heart would bleed. I'd happily let you leave if you wish to though." He knew the pain that he would lead himself to but her happiness was his only concern.

"If this isn't what they call love; then I don't wish to know what love is. Because for me, it's you. You are my forever; and will always be. Always." His eyes projected love for the girl who stood in front of him.

His eyes didn't stray from hers while she stood stunned. She didn't react making his heart thundering into his chest. He feared his heart would either break his ribs and fall directly into her hands or would shatter itself into pieces.

"Nandini," his voice scattered as he tried to break her trance, "please, say something."

Her eyes met his with a distant emotion and he mustered up courage, "Anything. Scream, scold or probably call me names, tag me stupid or anything. But say something."

She flung her arms around him and scribbled into his embrace. "Why did it take you so long, you fool?" She cribbed onto his shoulder as tears spilled through her eyes.

"So, is that a yes?" He asked doubtfully, while his fingers threaded through her hair. He received a smack onto his chest in turn.

"I will have to think about it," she muttered as she tugged her lower lip into a pout.

"For how long?" He queried.

"You just don't get anything, do you?" She pulled back in annoyance to have his smirking face revealed. "Jerk," she muttered under her breath.

"You had once told me that you will do as I say," he reminded, "I wish to ask one thing today, be my forever. Always." Her eyes moistened with his request.

How does one deny such an adorable thing, she thought.

"Forever," she repeated with a glossy smile on her lips.

"Always?"

She giggled as she muttered, "Always!"

With that confirmation he leaned in, resting his forehead along with hers. "Forever, always!" He smiled as he enveloped her - his world - into his arms.

He had now kicked off the boots of relentlessness as he went pouring his heart out to the one whom he'd willingly accompany the journey of life; of all that lies ahead. This voyage ended only for them to begin with a new one; this time together and forever. Always. 

📖📖📖📖📖

With this, it not just marks an end to this chapter but to the story as well.

To all the lovely readers, silent or otherwise, thanks for giving this story a chance. Because if you've made it to this part , it means you've been through the story and it somehow made you finish it for whatever reason. Thank you so much.

Just to mention, this was recognised to be one of the top three books (Third to be precise) under short story category in E-Awards 2017. And I am glad it did.

Hopefully, would comeback with more such short stories. However, just a disclaimer, might not be always into the mush category. I don't usually write mush romance, if you've known me for awhile now. 😋

I think, I better wrap it here. For all Collision readers, kill me. -_- But I will update it, just don't ask me, when.

Till then, thank you for all the love and support! 😊