Chapter 1

Thanks to @Williamphillips8 for being the first to comment!

The gods were in the middle of an argument when I stepped in.  'Of course.' None of them noticed me at first, but one by one they caught sight of me and fell silent. Horror was etched across their faces, I could only imagine how terrible I looked.

    "P-Percy?! My son, what happened?!" My father stood immediately and ran to me, turning me in circles to find any wounds and when he found none he panicked even more, "Apollo! Help him!!!"

    "Father, please, I have suffered no physical injury. Though I do wish to request an audience with the council." the gods were taken aback by the lack of emotion, but Zeus waved his hand for me to walk to the middle of them and speak. "The past 96 hours have opened my eyes to the reality of my surroundings, I am now aware that I am no longer needed in Camp Half-Blood. I would return to my home with my mother and Paul, but it seems they have been sent to Uncle Hades." This information was met with gasps and confusion, but I continued, "Therefore, I come before you to ask a favor, one I believe both Lords Ares and Zeus will enjoy."

    "Anything for the twice savior of Olympus. Ask away nephew." Zeus said, the inflection of his voice hinting at his bewilderment.

    "I wish for you to kill me." Immediately the gods were sent into an uproar; Father was bawling alongside Hestia and Aphrodite, Athena and Artemis had their jaws hanging, Hades and Zeus were in an intense discussion, and the rest were sitting in their thrones in shock.

    "Absolutely not! Zeus, I will not allow you to touch a HAIR on my son's head!"

    "What the hell happened to him?!"

    "I can't believe it, not Percy!"

    "SILENCE!!!" once everyone quieted down enough for him to be heard, Zeus looked back to me, "Percy, what happened to make you believe you have lost your worth? Why do you wish to die?"

    "It started when a new demigod arrived to camp. He was being chased down by three monsters; a hydra, an empousa, and the minotaur. I killed them with the help of Clarisse and asked his name, Jonathan Turner. But when Chiron and some other campers arrived to the top of the hill, he spewed some bullshit that he killed the monsters with Clarisse and I just sat back and watched. Chiron and the others believed him. I was angry and needed to talk to someone, but when I couldn't find Annabeth, I went to the forest to kill some more monsters to work off my anger. I was sitting in a tree to rest when I heard two people talking, when I looked at them, it was Annabeth and Jonathan kissing. He said that she was his now and kissed her again, she melted right into it and ignored me standing there." At this Athena stood, outrage plastered on her face.

    "How dare you accuse my daughter of such things! You're obviously mistaken!" she shouted. At this my head shot up and I gave her the most broken wolf-glare I could muster, and she flinched at the intensity.

    "You think so hm? Fine. I don't care if you don't believe me. But let me ask you this; have I ever given you reason to doubt me? Have I ever lied to make another look bad?" I asked, she looked down in shame once she realized the truth.

    "I'm sorry, Perseus. My bias clouded my sight. Please, continue." she sat back in her throne, a look of deep thought in her eyes.

    "I stayed in my cabin for 4 days, not eating, drinking, or sleeping. Eventually, Thalia and Will got me to clean myself up and eat something, but then Jonathan showed up again. He started taunting me, but when he insulted Thalia when she stood up for me, I snapped. I pulled Riptide on him and pinned him to a pillar. I threatened him a bit, but he just started acting terrified and said, 'Chiron! He's gone crazy! Somebody get him off me!' and once again Chiron believed him. He banished me and wouldn't listen to the others that were there to see it all when they tried to explain the truth. I went home after that and found the door kicked open, mom and Paul dead in the apartment, and a note written in their blood that said 'you shouldn't have threatened me, now you'll pay with their lives.' And now I'm here."

    They were all silent, contemplating the onslaught of information. Artemis was the first to speak, "Who is his godly parent? Hermes, get him here, now." the fire in her voice surprised everyone - myself included - but Hermes was gone in a flash. When he returned, he had the slimy bastard with him and he smirked once he saw me.

    "It's about time, you finally getting disowned, Jackson? Brought me here to congratulate me on exposing you for the ugly, pathetic liar that you are?" he sneered.

    "You shut your mouth before I cut out your tongue, wrap it around your vocal cords, cook it, and feed it to you!" the venomous threat came from the most unlikely person. Hestia.

    "It's alright Lady Hestia, he isn't worth it. No need to defile yourself by speaking to such a lowly creature as Turner over there." I said, not even bothering to look at the piece of roadkill in question.

    "Jonathan Turner, you are brought before the Council under accusation of manipulation, fraud, and deceitful actions. How do you plead?" Father got straight to the point, his glare cold enough to freeze blood.

    "Not guilty! Jackson is the manipulative, deceitful fraud here!" he shouted incredulously.

    "Aphrodite, charmspeak him." Zeus commanded.

    The strong pull of charmspeak pulled at my mind as she spoke, "Jonathan Turner, did you frame Perseus Achilles Jackson of any crimes, wrong doings, or heinous acts?"

    "Yes, I told everyone he watched me get attacked by monsters, I told Chiron he attacked me for no reason, and I just said he was a manipulative, deceitful fraud instead of myself." he clapped his hands over his mouth after the word-vomit ceased but the damage was already done.

    "Hera, will you please see who his godly parent is?" my father asked coldly.

    Hera shot a beam of pure white light at Jonathan's chest and slowly drew it back out a moment later, its color shifting for a while before settling into a deep red. "Ares." she said simply.

    "I, Ares, God of War, hereby disown Jonathan Brian Turner as my son for his heinous actions against one who was undeserving. He is not worthy of the title of son of Ares." Jonathan collapsed and screamed in pain as his demigod essence was wrenched from his soul. Ares then turned to me, "I'm... sorry. You didn't deserve it, punk." he coughed out the first part, but the sincerity was unmistakable.

    "Thank you, Lord Ares. It is honorable of you to apologize for him, but it is unneeded." I said with a bow. Zeus then called for a satyr to bring the now unconscious, and mortal, Jonathan to the elevator.

    "Percy, I have a proposition for you." Zeus said, stroking his chin, "Since you said that you feel that you've lost your purpose, I'd like to give you a new one. You would become god of heros, pain, tides, and swordsmanship. And you'd be sent to protect my daughter and her hunters as their Guardian."

    "Lady Artemis, if you'd have me, it would be an honor to help you and your hunters in battle." I said, kneeling before her.

    "Perseus, you are the only male I would trust with the role of our Guardian. I give my blessing, but the choice is ultimately yours." she said with a small smile gracing her features.

    "I accept."