The Rescue

Kanan's POV

We were crouched behind some crates in the dark shadows of night. Ezra, Sabine, and Jelica, the Togruta, were to the left of Hera, Zeb, and me. Hera seemed especially nervous as we waited for the patrol to pass by. I put a reassuring arm on her shoulder as she glared ahead at the building. Soon after, the patrol passed and we were at the door of the facility. I cut the door open with my sky blue blade. We all went in and broke off into our groups: Ezra, Jelica, Chopper, and I to find Syana; Hera, Sabine, and Zeb to cover our backs in case we got into trouble.

After following a couple of halls and going up a stairwell, we were at the cell door that Chopper had found earlier. I nodded to Ezra, who took off his satchel and grabbed some tools out of it. He started working on the door while the rest of us stood guard. After he started to make some progress, I heard two voices. Oh, Sith! The troopers, of course, rounded the corner. They saw the seven of us and panicked. Before they could run or make any noise at all, I pulled them to us with the Force and knock one of them upside the head with their own gun while Zeb punched the other. I gave the gun to Jelica, who shook her head and nodded to her own weapons, a knife strapped to her thigh and a pistol. I shrugged my shoulders and tossed the gun to Zeb, who rolled his eyes.

Ezra's cry of victory quietly sounded as the cell door slid open. Zeb picked up the two unconscious troopers and out them into the cell. As we looked in after the troopers were discarded to the side, our faces became overcome with shock. A girl with golden-blonde hair that was quite long, was laying in a pool of blood, her hair wet and matted with it. There were multiple cuts across her arms and basically all visible flesh. Her shirt was torn, exposing her stomach and some of her cleavage. One of her pant legs were torn to the knee. I immediately ran to the girl and, with Hera's help, picked her up. She was still bleeding profusely as we moved her. Ezra and Syana were still in shock as we headed back toward the Ghost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks later, we had bonded with the children quite well, and Syana was healing quite nicely. The kids had joined our crew and we had been doing mini-strikes against the Empire, at least until Syana had healed up better. I had been writing in my journal, just like Master Yoda had instructed. I had told the kids that they were strong in the Force, but the two girls had said that they wanted to have time to think about training as a Jedi. Unlike them, Ezra had immediately jumped on the opportunity. We have been training and it has been going well so far. Zeb and Sabine are getting along fine. Chopper has been Chopper. As for Hera and I, our relationship is just as passionate as it was, but there was something I had to tell her, and I plan to do it soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next month, who knows.

Hera knocked on my cabin door as I recollected my thoughts since we have meet the children. I granted her permission to come in, which she did, and sat down beside me.

"Do you consider them as our children?" she asked suddenly.

Caught off guard by the question, it took me a minute to reply, "Yes."

She smiled at me and leaned on me, her head on my shoulder. I put my head on top of hers as I enjoyed the quite moment while it lasted.

We both smiled in joy.

Hey guys! I know, its been forever since I've updated! I keep weekly updates in the convos section of my profile if you wanna get into my life or something. Anyways, gonna see if I can wrap this book up tonight. RIP to all who like this book or something. I might leave it semi-open for a sequel, we'll see. Anyways, gotta get back. Thanks for the 7k reads guys!!! Anyways, thanks for reading and TRIPLE DOTS!!! May the Force be with you...