Her green-blue orbs seemed to find his just as she came out of another set of turns. She watched him as she allowed her leg to stretch flawlessly into the air. He couldn't fight the smirk that his lips curved into. It almost felt like she was putting on a show just for him. From then on, she made it a point to keep peering at him as she danced.

Her song came to it's end and center stage became black once more. This earned her a great deal of applause from her fellow alumni. She hadn't just intrigued him, but she'd pulled everyone else in as well.

Zayne walked down the aisle trying to be careful of the people that were still taking their time to move. Once reaching the end, he jostled himself through the throngs of people. He found himself nibbling on the inside of his lip as he finally neared the front where Major was waiting.

"I don't know why you didn't just sit up here with us."

He shrugged his shoulders wordlessly before catching a glimpse of Nikita. She was looking right back at him, her face void of all emotion. He was sure she knew of what happened between him and Promise. He figured she couldn't be too happy about the ordeal by just the way she was staring at him with such a blank face. "So when is Promise coming out here?"Zayne asked, directing his question towards Nikita.

There were still a number of people exiting side stage with their costumes and everything else in tow. He began to rock on his feet, his hands placed deep in the pockets of his loose jeans. Nikita finally peered over at him again with her arms folded across her chest. He sighed lowly. He just knew she was about to give him an earful about her best friend. "She'll be out here in a little bit. Why?"She inquired, her tone a surprisingly calm one. Her brown eyes remained fixed on him as she awaited his answer. "I wanted to talk to her. Well, I need to talk to her. It's kind of important."

She seemed taken aback by his desire to talk to Promise. He couldn't really blame her, because after all he'd been avoiding everything and everybody. It was his choice, and he felt that the time that he took to himself was essential in helping him make his decision. The want to be in his son's life came, because he made the choice and no one else pushed him into it. It was something that he knew he needed to do. His son deserved both of his parents.

A nudge to his shoulder made him aware of his surroundings again. He didn't realize that he was looking at the woman of the hour. She was coming down the side stage with a small bag on her shoulder. Her hair was pulled into a messy cute bun and her face was clean of any remnants of make-up. She had a natural glow to herself as she sauntered towards her friends clad in a simple white baby tee, a pair of high waist denim jeans, and black spiked wedged booties on her feet.

She squealed as she ran up to her best friend and hugged her. "How did I do? Hopefully I did enough to get an A for this part of my grade."She seemed genuinely happy. Nikita squeezed her back and told her how amazing she thought she was. Zayne found himself wanting to tell her that as well. He wanted to tell her how gorgeous she looked on stage. However, he mentally wanted to chastise himself for feeling like that all in the same sense. Here was the woman who kept his child away from him, but still he wanted nothing more than to be apart of what was going on with her at the moment.

Why was he still captivated by her?

Why did she interest him beyond the future bond they were going to have over their son?