Chapter Eighteen

Carrie balanced herself, shooting plasma at Terpsichore.

Terpsichore danced around Carrie's attacks smiling at her, "I'll make you a deal." she said.

"I'm listening." Carrie said, still trying to hit Terpsichore.

"I'll let, itty bitty Cass go, but you have to stay here. You have to stay until I kill you." Terpsichore said, smirking as none of the blasts hit her.

"Don't do it Carrie! Don't please." Cassidy screamed, trying to pull the cuffs off.

Carrie stopped fighting for a moment, "No strings attached, you're just going to let her go right?" she said.

"Carrie don't do it, she'll kill you." Cassidy screamed.

"Yes, Cass will be free to go and you will stay until I decide to kill you." Terpsichore said.

Carrie ignored Cassidy and nodded, "Fine, but you have to make sure Cassy gets back home." she said.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to hurt Cass." Terpsichore said, walking over and undoing Cassidy's cuffs, pulling her to the door and leaving her outside, "Stay there." she closed the door.

Cassidy tried her hardest to open the door but it was sealed closed by magic.

She sat facing it, tears streaming down her face, "Carrie you're an idiot." she whispered.

Terpsichore charged at Carrie.

Carrie held her hand out, fazing it straight through Terpsichore's chest.

Terpsichore coughed, blood coming out of her mouth. "NO, if I die, you die too." she said grabbing Carrie and opening her mouth.

"Cassy, block your ears now." Carrie called, ready for what was coming.

With her last breath, Terpsichore let out a deafening scream.

Carrie fell to her knees, screaming in pain as the sound slowly consumed her, shutting her brain down.

Terpsichore fell silent and there was a thud noise.

The door opened and Cassidy scrambled to her feet, rushing in she kneelt beside Carrie, picking her up.

"Carrie, Carrie, Carrie please wake up. Carrie please wake up, I need you! I know it wasn't you who killed my parents and I'm sorry for blaming you, just please don't leave me." Cassidy said, as her best friend died in her arms.

Cassidy sobbed, hugging Carrie close.

"Are we to-" Barry and Caitlin said, arriving at the doorway to see Cassidy hugged Carrie's body and crying.

Caitlin's breath caught in her throat and she turned her head away, resting it on Barry's shoulder.

"No, she's not dead." Barry said, refusing to believe it.

Cassidy looked up, "She's gone." she whispered, placing her friend back on the ground and standing up, she picked Carrie up.

"No, she's not dead." Barry said.

"Yes she is Barry. Caroline Cora Snow-Allen is dead. Terpsichore killed her." Cassidy said, pushing past him. She noticed the breach and went towards it, walking through it.

Caitlin and Barry followed, Barry supporting Caitlin who was sobbing while Barry tried to convince himself that Carrie wasn't dead.