Chapter Six

Barry's eyes widened, he recognised the lady standing in front of him straight away.

"What happened to you Jasmine?" he asked.

"I listened to Alchemy, embraced my inner power. Lived up to my mother's name." Terpsichore said, strutting over to him. "Except I changed one thing. I only sing."

Barry instantly fell into a state of unconscious actions.

"Now, Flash. Go and help my little sister defeat that nuisance."  Terpsichore sang.

"Yes mistress." Barry said, walking back over to where Carrie and Cassy were.

Songstress shrieked at Carrie, knocking her back a few steps.

"Come on CQ, is that all you've got?" Carrie asked, shooting a plasma bolt at Songstress.

Songstress dodged the bolt, "I haven't heard that name in a while." she said, running at Carrie.

"Still only shooting bolts, CA?" Songstress hissed in Carrie's face, punching her in the stomach.

"Don't call me that." Carrie said, catching Songstress' next fist and started to freeze it.

Songstress screamed in pain.

Carrie released her fist, stepping back. Shock written on her face. "Cassy, Cassy I'm so so-"

Carrie was cut off when Barry punched her in the face.

Carrie fell to the ground in tears.

Barry proceeding to kick her.

Every time Carrie tried to get up, she would be knocked back down again.

Terpsichore stood by laughing.

Songstress looked up and saw Flash beating Carrie up.

She turned to Terpsichore, "Make him stop." she said.

"Why? Isn't this what you wanted? For Carrie to suffer?" Terpsichore asked.

Songstress stood up, holding her frozen fist. "Suffer yes. But not like this." she said, "Not by Flash almost KILLING her."

"But my sweet Cass, that's what villains do, they kill their friends. Because nothing matters to them anymore." Terpsichore said, watching Barry beat Carrie without remorse in amusement.  

Songstress shook her head, "That's not true. You matter to me Jaz. So does Carrie, she may have hurt me in the past, but she still MATTERS to me. I don't want to see her dead." she said, turning to walk away.

Terpsichore's  grabbed Songstress' arm and pulled her back, trapping her in her arms. "No, you asked for her to suffer, so now you suffer the consequence, you have to watch him kill her." she said.

Carrie's cries filled the air, both in the park and in S.T.A.R Labs.

"Barry!" Caitlin's voice came through the earpieces.

"Barry, you have to fight it. Fight her Barry, stop hurting Carrie. You're going to kill her." Caitlin's voice rang through the earpieces.

"I can't fight it. Cait, She's to strong." Barry struggled to say.

"Focus on my voice Barry, remember who you are. You can fight this." was the last thing Carrie heard before everything went black.

Barry dropped out of the trance as soon as Carrie's body went limp.

"NO!" Songstress screamed, breaking free of Terpsichore's grasp and running over to Carrie.

Barry looked down at Carrie and gasped in horror.

Songstress crawled next to Carrie and picked her head up, feeling for a pulse.

There was a faint pulse.

Songstress looked up at Flash, "Quickly, get her out of here." she said.

She got up, laying Carrie's head on the ground and running after Terpsichore.

"She made her choice." Barry whispered, picking Carrie up and rushing her back to S.T.A.R Labs.