Chapter Nine

After three weeks and many misses at catching Terpsichore on Barry's behalf, Team Flash had almost given up on anything good ever happen.

Carrie inhaled sharply sitting upright, scaring Caitlin awake.

Carrie started to hyperventilate.

Caitlin was up in a flash, grabbing an mask and putting it over Carrie's mouth, turning the oxygen machine on.

Carrie's breathing steadied and she peeled the mask off her face, lying back.

Caitlin carefully turned the machine off and removed the mask from the bed.

"Mum?" Carrie asked, looking over.

Caitlin smiled and made her way back over to Carrie's side. "Hey Carrie, how do you feel?" she said, siting beside her again.

"Hungry." Carrie answered jokingly. "No, my body aches and my head throbs."

Caitlin chuckled, shaking her head. "That's all normal, you've been in a coma for three weeks. I'd also expect you to be hungry, I'll call Cisco and ask him to get you something on his way here. For now, just rest." she said, getting up and leaving the infirmary.

Caitlin walked over to the desk and picked her phone up, turning it on she saw several messages from Barry.

She sighed and put her password in and opening up messages, she clicked on Cisco's name and sent him a quick text before calling Barry.

"Barry, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Where are you?" Barry's voice came through the phone.

"Barry, you know where I am." Caitlin said.

"Well can you-"

Barry was cut off by Carrie's screams.

Caitlin quickly put her phone down on the desk.

"Caitlin? Caitlin?" Barry called out.

Caitlin rushed into the infirmary to see Carrie writhing about.

She rushed over and started to shake Carrie, taking note of how cold she was.

The machine started to beep in a continuous stream.

"No, no Carrie, you're not dying!" Caitlin said, as the machine flat lined.

Carrie went still and the heart machine went back to beeping normally.

Caitlin was confused as to what had just happened.

"Caitlin!" she heard Barry call, rushing into the infirmary.

Caitlin was still in shock and didn't process the fact that Barry was there.  

"Cait, what's wrong?" Barry asked, walking up behind her.

"How is that even possible." Caitlin whispered, ignoring Barry.

"What happened Cait?" Barry asked, grabbing Caitlin's hand.

Caitlin broke out of her trance, "The machine, it flat lined and than went back to normal with in seconds." she said.

Barry was confused, "So she died and came back to life?" he asked.

"Essentially." Caitlin said, checking the rest of the machines, "her breathing is normal, so is her pulse, but her core temperature is below average and her blood pressure is high."

"So her body is freezing itself from the inside." Barry said.

Caitlin turned around, a little annoyed, "Yes Barry." she said.

Barry put his hands up, staying quiet.

Caitlin rushed around, trying to find out how to help Carrie.

Carrie started to shiver, she opened her eyes, "S-so c-c-cold." she stuttered out.

"Try vibrating really fast, it should warm you up." Barry said.

Carrie nodded, doing as he had said.

"Her core temperature is going up and her blood pressure down." Caitlin said.

When he vitals were normal again, Carrie stopped vibrating. She stared at Barry.

"Get out." she whispered. 

"What Carrie?" Caitlin asked.

"GET OUT!" Carrie screamed at Barry.

Barry was taken back, he simply nodded and walked out.

"Carrie, it wasn't his fault." Caitlin said.

"I don't care who was in control. Will power wins over all." Carrie said.

Caitlin shook her head and walked out of the infirmary.

She walked over to Barry, "Don't worry Barry, she'll come around and see that it wasn't your fault." she said.

Barry turned to face Caitlin, "Will she?" he asked.

Caitlin grabbed Barry's face, pulling it down and kissing him. "Don't think that you are a bad person because of what happened." she said.