Chapter 13: let's talk

We were far into city Z, away from the park and away from Saitama's apartment. Sonic snickered whilst looking down at me as he carried me in his arms. The trip was silent, other than the few screams I yelled to Saitama before Sonic sped off with me. I can't believe this shit is happening again.

Eventually we made it to a quiet abandoned apartment complex. It was silent and cold. The aura of this place screamed creepy and dangerous. Not many people lived in City Z since it became a hotspot for monsters and it was no wonder since most places looked like they were bombed to hell. This place included.

Sonic had slowed down his speedster running and placed both our feet on solid ground. It was eager to move away from him, keeping some distance as I glared daggers at him. A quick glance to the building and my body shivered.

"You're not taking me in there." I growled in annoyance.

"You don't get much of a choice, Princess." Sonic snapped back with a chuckle.

The thin male forcefully grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him as we entered the building. We took some stairs to a level somewhere in the middle of the building. It felt like maybe four floors. Either way, too many stairs for my poor pregnant body. I was lucky my legs didn't give out halfway.

Sonic kept a close eye on me as he assisted me up the stairs, not like I wanted his help anyway. But I was clearly not getting out of this easily. Might as well accept the help whilst I can, right? We finally made it through a door which opened into a somewhat decent looking apartment. Nothing like Saitama's since it was basically covered in dirt and dust.

"Now, since I have you all to myself, why don't we get to know each other?" Sonic spoke, closing the door behind us and leaning against it.

My eyes darted around the room looking for any other exits, but unfortunately there were none. Unless you included the balcony, but I was not keen to jump or scale the building from this height. I gaze stopped back onto Sonic and his lean figure. Fine, let's talk.

"So, you obviously know Saitama. Am I to assume you're that annoying ninja he's spoken about?" I asked with an annoyed glare. "What was your name? Hedgehog man?"

"'Annoying, hedgehog man'? I'm neither of those things!" Sonic growled in annoyance, his face clearly showing slight frustration.

"Well, how the hell am I meant to know when you haven't even introduced yourself to me?" I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly.

"Fine then. My name is Speed-o'-sound Sonic." The black haired male spoke calmly. He even smiled as he said it, as if it was an honour to know his name.

"Okay then... my name is-" I was cut off.

"(reader). Don't worry. I know who you are." He interrupted. "And based on the photo Saitama showed me of you both, you're in a relationship. That makes things interesting for me."

The ninja walked closer to me and I instinctively stepped back, falling over some stupid debris and landing on my ass. Sonic just giggled at my nervous state whilst looking down at me with amusement.

"I really got Saitama riled up last time I saw him. You were missing at the time. Hell, that was only yesterday. I'm honestly surprised you decided to leave the house so quickly." Sonic chuckled.

"Yea, well. I prefer not to let negative things keep me down. Best to stay positive." I replied.

Sonic crouched down to be eye-level with me. His smile seemed softer than before, like his crazy psycho ninja persona was fading. Maybe just for a moment anyway.

"I can't imagine the ordeal you've been through. Mind telling me?" He asked curiously.

"And why should I tell you? You'll probably weaponise it to hurt Saitama. I can't trust you." I growled back in reply.

"Perhaps you're right. You don't have a reason to trust me. But maybe I was worried about you? Seems silly, sure. I don't even know you. But Saitama is the strongest person I know, and if someone like you got him worried then aren't I allowed to be curious as to why?"

This guy sounded like he was talking nonsense. What was it with people just randomly kidnapping me and expecting me to tell them my entire life's story. I mean, that's a bit exaggerated. But seriously? I can't trust any of these random freaks.

"Yeah...okay. I'm still not telling you." I spoke.

"Ugh, fine. Don't tell me. Not like it really matters anyway. Perhaps I can make a deal with Saitama in exchange for your safe return." He replied, almost like he was only now just coming up with ideas on what to do with me.

"I think Saitama and I have had enough of making deals with people. Like you said, I only got back home yesterday from being kidnapped by literal aliens." I huffed, a heavy sigh escaping me. This was really getting exhausting.

"Aliens? You can't be serious? Saitama pissed off aliens too?" Sonic almost laughed heartily as he spoke. "You've got to be kidding?"

"Unfortunately not. So I'm very pregnant and very tired. Can you please just let me leave now?" I was started to get super irritated with this guy. No wonder Saitama and Genos called this guy 'annoying'. He's too nosey.

"Pregnant?" Sonic's eye widened at the new found information. "Don't tell me that bald idiot somehow got himself a cute girlfriend and also knocked her up?" This time sonic really did laugh heartily. Finding it quite hysterical. I, however, was not impressed with his choice wording.

"Saitama isn't a bald idiot. Well...not an idiot. But still." I growled, "I love him. There's nothing else to it. Nothing that's your business anyway."

"Sure, sure, Princess." Sonic slowly called down from his laughing fit, wiping pretend tears from under his eyes.

My expression was stiff and annoyed. I didn't like this guy and luckily for me, I knew this wasn't going to last much longer. Not with that new tracker that Genos sewn into my clothes. And with that, I smiled.

The wall crumbled behind me from the sheer force of Genos ripping the bricks away. His golden eyes piercing through the newly made hole he created.

"This is where we say 'good-bye', Sonic." I said with a smug look plastered on my face.