Chapter 9: Fresh air

(Saitama's POV)

"Very well...you win. I shall leave you and (Reader) alone." Boros said.

I walked over to (Reader) and held out my hand to her. She smiled softly, taking my hand and got to her feet. Her arms wrapped around me as she pulled me even closer, hugging me tightly.

"Finally, it's over." She said, sounding relieved as if she could finally relax.

"Yea, we should go home now." I replied, pulling away and looking into her eyes.

Her hands pushed my head forward and onto her lips, and the two of us were kissing. I closed my eyes for a second, but opened them when I felt the two of us part. A little saddened by the really short and unexpected kiss, I look up at her in surprise. She blushed sweetly, just like always; she acted shy.

"Let's go." She said.

We held each others hand as we began to walk out of the hall, but I caught a glimpse of her looking back at Boros as if she pitied him. I was quick to ignore the action.

After a long walk and saying our "good bye's" to Xendus, we stopped at the end of a hallway. I punched through the metal, creating a path to get outside. Before I could punch through the last wall to the outside, (Reader) grabbed onto my arm to stop me. I looked back at her, curious of her actions.

"What is it?" I asked.

She was looking down as if she was disappointed of something. Her eyes were staring at the floor and arms clung onto me tightly.

"I-I'm sorry for causing so much trouble." She said.

I looked at her astonished. I personally felt bad for allowing someone to kidnap her and drag her through this hell just because some alien had a grudge against me.

"It's okay." Was all I could answer with. "As long as you're safe, that's all that matters."

She smiled and hugged my arm.

"Alright, let's get out of here." She said as she looked up with a smile.

She let my arm go and I quickly punched down the last wall, revealing sunlight and the clear blue sky. We both shaded our eyes as we exited.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" A high pitched voice screamed.

I looked to my left and saw a short floating child, glowing a bright green in a dark coloured dress. It was that short Class S girl with the green hair. I believe her name was Tatsushi...wait, that's not right.

"YOU'RE JUST A CLASS B ROOKIE!!! WHY WERE YOU IN THE SH-..." she suddenly stopped.

She looked over to (Reader) who exited after me.

"Who are you?" She asked curiously.

I turned to look back at (Reader), who looked back at me with concern. But then turned her attention to the floating girl.

"Uh...I'm (Reader)." (Reader) replied.

"Alright, (Reader). Why are you with this baldy?" She asked, pointing to Saitama with a little sass in her question.

"Ah, h-he's my..." (Reader) stuttered, looking at me with a anxious smile. "My hero."

Her expression became calm after answering and I showed her a smile, accepting of her answer.

"Hmph, fine. Just don't leave the scene without the Hero Association's notice." Tatsumaki said as she turned and flew away, uncaring of what the two of us did next.

I have a big sigh before hearing the yelling of someone in the distance. Who was it now?

"Saitama-sensei!" A voice called.

Only one person calls me sensei...Genos.

"Saitama-sensei, is (Reader) alright?" Genos asked.

"Why don't you ask her?" I said, stepping to the side so (Reader) could walk past.

Her face lit up at the sight of our Cyborg friend.

"Genos!" She yelled happily as she piled Genos into a hug.

Her actions startled him slightly, but he was quick to ease into it. She must be mentally exhausted from everything that happened.

"We should go home immediately and get you settled in back at sensei's apartment." Genos said, pulling away from (Reader)'s embrace.

"Yes, of course." She replies.

She grabbed my hand and Genos', and began to pull the both of us along with her. She seems eager to get home.

(Reader's POV)

I walked quickly back home, both griping on tightly to Genos and Saitama's hands. I was extremely tired and had no idea how long that Katsudon was cooking for. It was probably burnt by now. I was at the point of breaking down after everything that's happened today. My knees were particularly shaking and ready to collapse. But, before they could, the apartment was in sight. Only a few meters away and we would be home.

I let there hands go, almost jogging, if not sprinting towards the apartment complex, begging to be let back into my home. I stopped and looked back at Genos and Saitama who were dragging behind.

After we made it inside our apartment, I rushed over to the kitchen. To my surprise, the Katsudon was perfectly fine. Actually, it was already heated and prepared in bowls, ready to eat.

"I fixed up the Katsudon." Genos said as he walked up behind me.

Of course...he get's to finish every dish I make.

"That's fine. Thank you, Genos." I replied.

"You're welcome."

I walked out and walked into the main room. To my disbelief, the wall was fixed.

"I also had the Hero's Association fix the wall." Genos said.

"Hey, thanks, dude. I would never have gotten that fixed with the kind of payment we're getting." Saitama said, patting Genos' shoulder, thankful.

I sat down on a cushion on the floor and laid my head on the desk. It was just nice to be home. It felt peaceful and relaxing. No more drama or issues to deal with. Just me, Saitama and Genos.

"Dinner is served." Genos said as he brought out the warm bowls of Katsudon as well as some glasses of water.

Saitama sat opposite me as Genos sat beside us. We all place out hands together and said I'm unison: "Itadakimasu ("Let's eat"!)". We then begin to eat.