Going Home

"No..." Keith muttered looking away from the one thing he wanted to see so desperately for however long he had been held prisoner. Well, Keith didn't want to see Lance specifically, Shiro or even Hunk might of been better instead of the self centered teen. Keith knew this was all fake, maybe Haggar wanted him to feel the chance of freedom for it to just be ripped away from him without a trace of ever being there. This wouldn't be the first time Haggar messed with his head making Keith think he was really being saved, and he didn't think it would be the last time either. 

"You're not real, I know you're just messing with me!" The red paladin had tears in their eyes, even though he knew it couldn't be real, it still pained him to know he was never going to be rescued. 

The blue paladin looked down at the broken teen that laid on the ground in front of him. He only wore the once tight body suit that all paladins have under their armor, and even though it was too big for the red paladin now, Lance could still see just how skinny Keith had become. He tried his best to ignore the many bruises and scars that seemed to poke through all the slashes in the body suit. Lance could deal with the cosmetic things that had happened to Keith, but to see the once strong paladin so broken and in pain, it made Lance want to break down too. However, the sadness soon faded and was replaced with something else, anger. 

Lance was angry they didn't find him sooner, angry his team didn't believe him when he swore up and down that Keith was still alive, angry that the Galra had taken one of the best paladins and turned him into a crumbled mess. 

"Keith, buddy, it's really me... I promise... I'm taking you home." Lance whispered soothingly as he reached down to help the other teen stand. Lance swung one of Keith's arms over his shoulder and lifted him to his feet slowly. The blue paladin could tell the other was putting all his weight on him, but he felt so light. 

"I'm not going home, you're just going to kill me..." Keith whimpered softly as he was pulled from his cell. 

"Keith, I'm not going to kill you. I promise you this is real. Red is here, the team is here, and I'm here for you." Lance spoke in a hushed tone has he pulled Keith's limp body through the hallways of the Galran ship. 

The whole ship shook, knocking Keith and Lance off their feet. Lance knew that the castle had to be involved in the fight by now, there was no way a lion could cause this massive ship to shake so violently. 

"Red..." Keith mumbled, unfazed by falling onto the ground. "Red's here, the teams here, you're here... but thats not true..." The red paladin let out another soft whimper. The anger started to boil up in Lance again, what exactly did they do to him. 

"Lance hurry up, the castle and the lions are taking a heavy hit, you need to get yourself and Keith out of there." Shiro urged through the comm. Lance didn't reply verbally, instead he stood up and slung Keith's arm over his shoulder again. 

The two continued their way down the hallway again, looking for the exact place Lance came through. Lance felt a bit of a shock, something like static electricity, but he soon realized by the bellowing scream that escaped Keith that the shock was much worse. 

Lance accidentally dropped Keith wondering what could possibly be wrong, then he noticed the purple collar like thing around his neck. After a minute the shock subsided, leaving Keith in a small ball on the floor. 

"Wow...Ummm.. Hold-" Lance was cut off by a loud laugh as it rounded the corner. 

"You really think you can just take him this easily?" The Galran soldier asked with a devilish smile. The purple male held up a small black looking box with a dial and a button on it. Before Lance could register what that box was, Keith let out another painful scream as the electricity ran through his body.