Where It All Began

Keith had offered to throw himself on to the Galra ship for the sake of the mission. He was right behind Shiro when it came to hand to hand combat skills, and Shiro had to stay with the Black Lion to keep it from Zarkon, therefore Keith was the only one for the job. Of course before he left, Lance had some choice words about how he should be the one going on the ship since Keith was such a hot head. Obviously, Shiro sided with Keith, like usual, and that's how Keith ended up where he was.

"Hurry up already, Mullet! We're taking a beating out here!" Lance yelled through the comms. He only received an eye roll from Keith as the red paladin continued down the hall.

After running around, it felt as if he was running in circles, Keith finally found the main control room. He unleashed his sword from his bayard and went running throw the door, ready for the fight. Oddly enough, no soldiers were in there, the room was vacant. Keith took this as a signal of good luck, even though his gut had a very bad feeling about the loneliness of the room.

"Guys, I'm in the control room." Keith announced over his comm as he tried to make out what the computer in front of him read.

Pidge let out an all to excited squeal and started listing all the things Keith needed to do in order to shut down the ship. It all sounded like a completely different language to Keith.

"Okay... I got it." Keith sighed. He didn't want to tell Pidge he didn't understand, because then he would have to hear it all over again but in a more annoyed tone.

Since Keith had absolutely no clue what to do, he did the only thing he could think of, he slashed the computer several times with his sword. He finally stopped when he heard the soft humming of the ship go completely silent.

"Alright, I think I turned it off. I'm coming out." Keith started to walk toward the only door in the room, when it suddenly opened.

Guards started pouring in through the door, Keith was definitely out numbered. He quickly mowed down the first few guards with a few simple slashes from his sword. However, he was shot in the shoulder with a blaster, and it happened to be his dominant arm too. Luckily for Keith, he was skilled with using both hands for combat. He quickly switched his bayard to his other hand and started fighting for what seemed like an eternity. There was no end to guards, they kept coming and coming no matter how hard he fought or how fast he was.

"Keith are you still on the ship? We need to form Voltron so we can destroy the ship and save this planet. Keith?!" Shiro's voice rang into the Keith's ear via the comm in his helmet.

"Im a little held..... up" Keith grunted as a guard slammed him to the floor. He pulled himself back up, but only to be smashed down again by another guard.

Then all the guards mysteriously stopped, Keith took this time to catch his breath and jump to his feet. The door to the room opened once more, revealing a new enemy, one much more powerful than the Galra soldiers. Hagar. Keith was a little shocked to see the witch on this ship and not the main one.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Keith asked, pulling his bayard up slowly with with bruised and battered arm.

"Keith! What's going on in there?" This time it was the voice came from the whole team and rang into Keith's ear. However, he didn't answer back.

"You fell right into our trap little red paladin. Well, we would like to have the black paladin, but you will do nicely." Haggar sneered before letting out the most hideous and terrifying laugh Keith has ever heard. "Destroy the ship and leave it to fall toward the planet, we don't need it any more." Haggar commanded.

"Shiro, get red and the rest of the team away from the ship! They're going to blow it up!" Keith yelled into his comm. Just then a blood curdling scream pierced through the comms of the other four paladins.

Haggar had stroke Keith with her dark magic lightning. His whole body crumpled to the ground and became limp. He had never felt something so painful before. A couple guards grabbed Keith from under his hards and dragged him towards an escape pod.

"Keith?!" The four paladins yelled in unison, hoping to hear from Keith.

"Keith, buddy, what happened?" Hunk voiced cracked, he was that nervous the worse had happen.

Shiro didn't think twice, he flew toward the red lion and picked it up in the claws of the black lion, taking it to safety just as Keith had asked.

"Shiro what are you doing?! Keith needs the red lion to get out of there." Lance's voice was full of rage.

Shiro didn't even get ten feet away when the ship exploded, sending the red and black lion flying away from the explosion.

"KEITH!!!!" Lance screeched. There was no way anyone could survive that explosion.

The blue lion did a nose dive after the remaining parts of the ship that were now hurdling toward the planet they had just tried to save. Lance had to have closure. If Keith was really gone, he had to see his body. Soon the yellow and the green lions dived down with the blue lion. Hunk and Pidge were thinking the same thing.

Shiro joined the team, after getting the red lion back to the castle safely. By the time Shiro had landed on the dry planet, Pidge, Hunk, and Lance were tearing through the burnt wreckage. After hours of searching, most of the paladins gave up, but not Lance. Lance would not stop until he found Keith.

Lance pulled apart the last piece of wreckage, and that's when he saw it. There it was, the color red. Keith's bayard laying in the wreckage burnt and bloody. But there was still no sign of Keith's body, and that meant he had to be alive.

A/N
Is this good? Like should I continue?? I'm in the process of working on the next chapter. Idk when updates will be because it's the nearing the end of the school year and I have college things I need to do and ugh. But yeah, I'm actually going to publish this, let me know if it's any good!