Him again

After receiving his aunt's call, he went to his grandfather's house right away. He went upstairs and knocked at the door of his grandpa's room. He didn't receive an answer so after the third knock he turned the handle and walked in. Grandfather diverted his eyes away from TV screen and looked up to see the comer, however when he saw Khalid he averted his eyes away from him as a sign of not being welcomed, but he didn't ask him to leave. Khalid took a notice of that, and smiled slightly.

"He is absolutely angry" He thought.

Instead of going away, he got closer and placed a kiss on the forehead of the speechless old man who didn't react. Then he sat next to his grandfather and took the remote control to turn the volume down saying; "I wonder what's so good on news that keeps you watching it. News just suck the optimism out of you with every news bit." Grandfather didn't interact nor looked at Khalid.

Breaking the silence again, he inquired; "how are you, grandpa?".

Grandfather replied for the first time in a serious tone; "You ought not to ask about that."

Khalid looked at him and said; "me, of all people should be the one who asks, you know that"

Khalid, out of all his other grandchildren was the closest to him and he was really his favorite. However, this didn't change how upset he was with him right now that he asked "what brought you here?"

A smile played about Khalid's lip when he answered; "you of course." Then a broad smile spread over his face as he joked with hand gestures; "seriously grandpa, let's make it clear if your sons have done something annoying, it's not fair to take it out on your poor grandson"

The joke didn't have effect on the grandfather who commented sarcastically;" Ma shaa Allah what a caring grandson" he put forward; "and behind the scenes you and your father planning affairs against my will?"

This time Khalid replied with a great confidence; "if you're referring to my uncle's daughter being here, then I am totally not involved in that"

Very annoyed the grandfather questioned placing emphasis on word Uncle; "since when had she become your uncle's daughter now?"

"No matter how hard you try to ignore it or deny it, the truth is the truth, and we can't change it." very frankly Khalid highlighted facts.

This time grandfather reproached him; "you're here to lecture me?"

But Khalid made a smart remark; "absolutely not. I won't dare to do so. The eye never becomes higher than the eyebrow".

Getting straight to the point again, grandfather asked "so how do you explain what your father has done?"

Khalid talked in details; "I advised him not to bring her here, but he had his own views that I couldn't argue about. He thinks about the girl as a part of the family who carries its name and you can't blame a man for being protective towards his family members especially when it comes to women. And logically, she is not guilty of whatever her father had done and she shouldn't be held responsible for that."

Grandfather asked unexpectedly; "and you?"

A little taken aback by that question, Khalid gave a questioning look "What's about me?"

"What's your view of having that girl in your house?" grandfather pointed out.

"the house belongs to my father, he is free to host whoever he likes"

" I am not talking about that...I want to know your view of what occurs. Do you think what your father has done, against my will, is right?" Grandfather made it clear.

The difference she made!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें