Chapter 16- Colleen

Start from the beginning

"Well, not exactly." I corrected. Johnny just rolled his eyes and smiled.

~~~

As we waited for the rest of the guests to arrive, Robin, Jessie, Johnny, Michael, and I sat in the living room. Mom was in the kitchen, making sure the cake looked perfect and dad was down in the lab passing time. I had my legs over Johnny's lap, his own on the table in front of us. Michael was playing on his phone next to me. Bored out of my mind, I decided to poke his side.

"What was that for?" He questioned, jumping back a little bit. I giggled.

"What was what for?" I asked, batting my eyelashes innocently. He shook his head before going back to playing on his phone. Smirking, I poked him again. He turned to face me.

"Colleen!" He yelled. "What the- Hela!" I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"What the Hela?" I repeated. "I don't think that's the Midgardian phrase, Michael."

"It does when he's talking about your sister, stupid." A familiar icy voice said from behind us. Johnny froze, slowly turning to face me. I smiled before cupping his cheek and kissing him softly.

"Hela!" Robin cheered. Said goddess walked over and gave us all a hug. Hela had used her powers to change her appearance; instead of her half dead usual look, she now looked like a normal eighteen year old complete with a leather jacket, black combat boots, and piercings on both her lip and eyebrow. I smiled at our sister before giving her a hug myself.

"You made it!" Jessie pointed out. Hela nodded, her black hair falling into her face.

"Of course I made it. It's your thirteenth birthday, I wasn't going to miss it for all of Midgard!" Hela announced. Jessica had been moved up a year back when she was in fifth grade. Johnny looked between Hela and I, clearly confused. I laughed, ruffling his hair.

"Johnny, this is our older sister Hela. Hela, this is my boyfriend Johnny." I introduced. Johnny nodded before smiling and waving at my sister; she waved back. "Did you come alone?" I asked her. She has come to a couple of our birthdays before but she normally comes with grandmother and grandfather. Seeing as they are not here, I got confused.

"Of course not, silly." She remarked. "Grandmother and grandfather are attacking the presents." She added. The four of us shared a nervous glance.

"Please tell me you don't mean that literally." Michael pleaded. Johnny raised an eyebrow. Hela threw her head back as she laughed.

"Of course not, Michael." She assured. "But Uncle Thor said he would be a little late so we brought his present." I raised an eyebrow.

"What could he get Jessie that's so difficult to carry?" Robin asked right before I had the chance.

"It's Thor, do you really need to ask?" Hela countered. We all shared a look before shrugging.

"I guess not." Jessie remarked. Mom walked in from the kitchen right as grandmother and grandfather walked in with the presents.

"Mother." Mom greeted, walking over and hugging her the best she could without smashing the presents. The four of us stood up, Johnny following a minute after. Michael and I walked over to grandma and grandpa to help the with the presents.

"Loki, oh my dear daughter, how are you?" She asked as she handed me the present. I set it down by the fireplace as she gave mom a proper hug.

"I'm doing well." Mom answered. Michael helped grandfather put the rest of the presents by the first one. Grandmother cupped mom's cheek.

"Thor told us about the car crash." She stated. "Is Colleen alright?"

"Yes, grandmother. I'm alright." I stated. She turned to me, smiled, then gave me a hug. "My concussion went away after a few days."