1: Breathtaking kiss

April 27th, 2017

1: Breathtaking kiss - It's the kiss that you can't do anything for a few seconds after, you keep your eyes closed with mouth agape or you try to let your mind process what happened.

~~

Tyler bit his lip as he watched from the bar stool he was sitting on.

There was a boy he was watching behind the drum kit, and his name was Joshua Dun. Tyler had been eyeing Josh for months, and it took him a lot of those months before he finally had the courage to go up to him and talk to him.

Josh, much to Tyler's surprise, actually showed interest, and asked Tyler to hang out some time. And after a few times of hanging out, and sometimes holding hands and giggling a lot together, Josh asked Tyler to come check out his band.

So now Tyler was sitting on a bar stool in downtown Columbus, watching his crush behind the drum kit, while listening to the voice and guitar playing of Josh's best friend Colin and the keyboard tunes of his other best friend Jesse.

A three man band, and they made it work perfectly well.

And after a while of playing, Josh pulled off his shirt and Tyler was certain he died right there and then. Josh was concentrating on his drumming, sometimes a frown forming on his forehead as his tongue slightly poked through his teeth while he hit the drums on the exact time he had to, while shaking the droplets of sweat out of his hair.

And Tyler was so hypnotized by the beauty of his crush, that he didn't notice the guy taking a seat next to him.

"Hey handsome".

Tyler turned around with a frown to the voice, as he looked into two beautiful green eyes of a guy with black hair. Tyler blushed. "O-oh eh, hey", he stuttered with a blush. The guy smiled at him. "Enjoying some underground Columbus bands?" He asked. Tyler bit his lip as he smiled. "Sure am", he nodded.

Since it took him ages to have the courage to go up to Josh, that kinda showed how nervous Tyler got around people, especially people who he thought were very attractive. This guy was one of them, and this was one of those moments. Tyler got nervous instantly.

The guy nodded with a smile. "Same here, I love live music", he said as he ordered a scotch at the bar and turned back to Tyler. "So what brought you here tonight?" He asked.

"Oh eh, t-the drummer is a friend of mine", Tyler told him. The guy hummed. "Just a friend?" He asked as he took a sip of his scotch.

"Y-yeah just friends, nothing more. W-we're not like d-dating or a-anyhing", Tyler stuttered. "Unfortunately", he added under his breath, too quiet for the guy to hear since the music was very loud.

"Mhm nice to know", the guy said. "Can I get you a drink?" He asked. "Uh yeah sure, thanks", Tyler smiled shyly. The guy returned it and ordered another scotch, before giving it to Tyler.

Tyler didn't really want scotch, since he wasn't a huge fan of strong alcoholic stuff and he was barely legal to drink, but he didn't dare to complain. He took a small sip and shivered at the burning feeling in his throat, but tried not to show it to the guy.

"Thanks", Tyler said. "Any time. What's your name?" he asked. "Tyler, you?" Tyler asked. "Nathan", the guy replied with a smile.

They continued talking, and Tyler started to get more comfortable around him. He kept enjoying listening to Josh's band while he continuously got more and more drinks from Nathan, and they laughed a lot about random things Nathan told Tyler.