I left his room and ran up to mine.

"Careful on the stairs Scar," Jimmy shouted after me and I rolled my eyes. That kid just won't stop copying me.

I picked up the business card from the study table and without thinking twice, dialled the number before I could change my mind.

The bell rang and for a second, I was almost scared that he had changed his mind and wasn't going to pick up now.

But my levels of anxiety rose up higher, when he did pick up and a deep voice said. "Hello,"

"Uh.....Mr. Sinclair? This is Scarlet Price,"

There was a pause on the line and I thought he had disconnected but he spoke. "Yes Ms. Price?"

"I called to talk about that deal,"

"There's no talking. It's either a yes or a no and you better not have wasted my time in talking just to hear a no,"

I gulped. "Ofcourse not Mr. Sinclair. I just wanted to say that I can't just say yes right away unless we negotiate,"

"Negotiate?" He said slowly like he was testing the word and I pictured him with a sexy scowl right then. "I don't think you are in a position to negotiate,"

"I know but can we atleast-"

"Erica," He called someone, his mouth probably at some distance from the phone's speaker. "How long before the jet takes off?"

"Just five more minutes Sir. Your pilot is ready," Another voice said and I assumed she was his personal secretary I had seen in his office.

The line went silent and I figured he was on the phone again.

"So I think this conversation is over now. I'm gonna have to switch my phone off now Ms. Price,"

My eyes grew wide. "No no. Wait. Okay I agree. I agree to the deal. Yes yes. Hello? Are you still there Mr. Sinclair?"

Silence.

"Ofcourse," He spoke after a second before which he almost gave me a heart attack. I could sense the victory in his voice, which caused me to clench my jaw.

"I'll see you tomorrow Scarlet Price," He put emphasis on my name, which caused a shiver to run down my spine as I opened my mouth to speak something but the line went dead.

Keeping the phone held to my ear, I blinked. Finally, I took in a deep breath and threw my phone on the bed.

That man!

Lying on my bed, I stared up at the ceiling, thinking. I agreed to the deal but did I really have intentions of marrying him? Hell no!

This was just for some momentary relief but once he invests the money in our company, he would want the marriage to take place, and that's something I would never do. Isn't that cheating?

Would I be cheating?

Groaning, I shut my eyes as I thought over it. It wouldn't exactly be cheating if I promise to return his money later. But where the hell am I going to get so much money from?

Shaking my head, I laid back on the bed and shut my eyes for a while. Well, atleast the company will be saved.

Picking up my phone, I went through my tasks and my eyes grew wide when I saw the assignment that was due tomorrow. Dammit!

I grabbed my backpack from the study chair and fished the books out of it, scattering them on the bed but couldn't find the one I was looking for. Suddenly, I remembered giving it to my best friend Lily in the class.