~

It didn't take long to get to the mall, and after parking the bikes in a space we walked into the massive building. Immediately after smelling the food court I wanted something to sink my teeth in.

Mind if we grab something to eat before we start? I signed to Gracie.

I swear you read my mind. She laughed and grabbed my hand and dragged me in the direction of food. Suddenly she stopped and tightened her grip on my wrist. Do you smell that? Her eyes were wide and her nostrils flared as she tried to catch the scent again. Because of her lack of hearing her other senses were stronger... she had the strongest nose I've ever witnessed and she was never wrong about a scent.

What do you smell? I didn't speak, in case there was someone listening to our conversation. I sniffed discreetly but all I caught was human scent, the occasional pack wolf and the food court.

It's coming from this direction. She took my arm again and continued towards the food court. Well at least I'll still get to eat. As we neared I took another sniff, trying to catch the scent that had my twin sister in a tizzy. As my mind made sense of the scents in the room I separated the human from the wolves, then the food. Grace obviously wasn't talking about any food scent, unfortunately... I was hungry. Then I caught it. My eyes grew wide and I looked over to Grace.

Spice and Cedar? I asked her for confirmation. She nodded her head wildly and smiled from ear to ear.

That's it! She once again started leading me in the direction of the scent. We were now officially in the middle of the food court, Gracie was looking, and sniffing, in every direction trying to find the source of the scent that was driving us both crazy. Something's different about it... there's an underlying scent that doesn't seem right. She told me as she turned in a circle. She was starting to get frustrated and it was coming out in growls, literally.

You're growling! I warned her... she might not be able to hear it but the humans around us might. We couldn't expose ourselves to humans, they'd totally freak if they found out their fairytales about humans turning into wolves was real. Just relax and focus on where the Spice and Cedar is coming from. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When she opened them I could tell she had the scent and was in full tracking mode. She started walking away from the food court and towards the middle of the mall. There was a siting area between the shops, mostly for men whose girlfriends or wives were still shopping. When Grace stopped again I followed her line of vision to the source of the spice and Cedar. A young man wearing a pair of faded and ripped jeans and a gray hoodie sat with his elbows resting on his knees. His black hair was messy and looked as though he combed his fingers through it a few times. His skin was a little pale but not in the sickly kind of way.

That's him. And I know that underlying scent... he's a Lone Wolf. Lone Wolves were rare, mostly because our kind would rather be with a pack. If a wolf decides they want to be on their own they can ask their alpha to grant them Lone Wolf status... if the alpha grants it the wolf won't get the stench of rogue when they leave, but they'll get a different one that lets other pack wolves know what they are. Most Lone Wolves stay to themselves, rarely do they come out and socialize, so why was Mr. Spice and Cedar here. Twin Moon pack didn't have any residential Lone Wolves... this guy is new.

Should we go introduce ourselves? I asked Grace. The fact that we both had a strong attraction to his scent could only mean that he was our mate. We both knew this and we both knew he would recognize us as his mate the second he saw us. I was surprised he hadn't caught our scent yet, we were no more than a couple feet from him. I didn't wait for her response, instead I walked up behind him with Grace following closely behind me. I smiled at her and got my hands ready to sign everything I said.